Author Topic: Paint  (Read 515 times)

Offline Gmg31

Paint
« on: Sunday,September 04, 2016, 03:52:40 AM »
I've just opened my my new tin of LO4 Cirrus white to find it's not white.  Have I made a stupid mistake and assumed that Cirrus white would be white or has my paint supplier messed up.  It's more like a beige grey ish colour.  It looks to me like the base colour and they've forgotten to put the tints in. 

Offline EuropaTC

• LotusLand
Re: Paint
« Reply #1 on: Sunday,September 04, 2016, 08:11:22 AM »
Have you given it a good stirring ? I find red and yellow paints tend to settle out on the shelf with the bottom of the tin being noticeably thicker and needing a good mix to get the correct colour.

Otherwise I've not much experience of white paint. I was under the impression that the basic white was bright with tinges of blue/ivory/etc added to suit the manufacturer.  It's difficult to say what's right or wrong from looking at it in the tin.

Brian

Offline BDA

Re: Paint
« Reply #2 on: Sunday,September 04, 2016, 09:26:14 AM »
My first Europa was white. It was A LONG time ago, but my memory was that it was a pretty bright white and not at all like the sample on your can. I wonder if you can get a second opinion - maybe from Lotus or if a paint shop could scan it to see if what they would call L04 Cirrus white...