Author Topic: New Guy  (Read 1302 times)

Offline kallericcar

New Guy
« on: Friday,August 07, 2015, 01:43:48 PM »
Hi All! 

New guy here :newhere: in Northern New Jersey, but not with Europas.  I have had a few, and some of you out there have some of my old cars.  I really thought I was out of the Europa business for good.  I sold all my cars and most of the parts and stuff.  But, NO!  I had to spot that 74 TCS sitting in the shop parking lot next to the diner where I ate several days a week.  I finally stopped in to see what the story was, and after a few months of asking- finally took it home.

So now I am in the middle of doing everything I always wanted in a Europa but never got around to- or couldn't do because of racing rules.  I am installing a turbo Zetec, Spyder chassis with full Spyder suspension, and doing all the body mods I always wanted.  I haven't figured out how to put photos here yet.

Karl

Offline BDA

Re: New Guy
« Reply #1 on: Friday,August 07, 2015, 04:53:25 PM »
 :Welcome:

Can't wait to see your pictures! Your plans sound really interesting! I know we're all going to want a blow-by-blow description of your progress.

About posting pictures: Each picture needs to be smaller than 1 MB. There are lots of ways to take a mega pixel picture down to a manageable size. Since I run on Windows 7 and it comes with a tool called "Snipping Tool", I use it to make smaller image files. It allows you define a part of the screen to save as a picture image. I display my picture and snip all or part of it and save it to a file. This greatly reduces the size even if you snip the entire picture. But as I say, there are lots of ways to do it and yours may be easier for you. Then when I edit my post, I click on "Attachments and other options" below the edit box. This displays some options. Then I click on the "Choose File" button under where it says "Attach:". That opens up an Explorer window where I choose the picture I just snipped and saved. Do that for as many pictures as you want to post, then click the "Post" button. Walla! Pictures in your post!

Good luck!

Offline lotus4me

« Reply #2 on: Saturday,August 08, 2015, 04:10:50 AM »
wecome karl from another newbie......!

does that mean you will have  lotus twincam engine for sale soon [just thinking ahead...... ::)]

:D fred :D

Offline blasterdad

« Reply #3 on: Saturday,August 08, 2015, 04:51:41 AM »
 :Welcome:
Great people & info here!
Looking forward to seeing your build... :welder:

Offline EuropatcSPECIAL

• Europa Special 74, Elan Sprint 73
« Reply #4 on: Saturday,August 08, 2015, 04:59:03 PM »
Karl Welcome, I last owned one in the seventies and in all that time I never really got them out of my system and ended up buying one earlier this year :lotus:
Enjoy your new toy
all the best
Stuart :Welcome:

Offline kallericcar

« Reply #5 on: Monday,August 10, 2015, 04:40:29 AM »
I have a youtube channel with some videos of what I've been doing with the car.  I need to put up some more with the recent activity.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6mXx77eBfGFhwsJ8_RMcWg

Offline BDA

« Reply #6 on: Monday,August 10, 2015, 05:35:01 AM »
So that's who you are! I've seen your pictures in the yahoo group! You're doing some really nice work! That's going to be a wild Europa when you're done! What engine are you putting in it? What are your plans for the car?

Before I put in my 'Gurney bubble', I was considering lowering the floor but it seemed like that would be much more complicated. I've pretty much gotten used to looking out of the very top of the windshield, but sometimes I wish I had done it.

Good luck and keep those pictures coming!

Offline kallericcar

« Reply #7 on: Monday,August 10, 2015, 05:45:07 AM »
Hey BDA- Thanks!  I am putting in a turbo Zetec.  I did find a Spyder Chassis for it too.

Probably the Gurney bubble is overkill, but I scratched a real nice helmet several times on the bare ceiling of my race cars, so I thought that with a headliner it would give a little extra room.

Karl

Offline BDA

« Reply #8 on: Monday,August 10, 2015, 06:29:11 AM »
That's definitely going to be a rocket!

What are you going to feed with those ducts on the side? I'd really like to see how that goes together!

Offline kallericcar

« Reply #9 on: Monday,August 10, 2015, 06:34:17 AM »
Hey BDA-

The large side ducts are going to be for intercoolers and or an oil cooler, depending on how the final plumbing lay out works.

Karl

Offline BDA

« Reply #10 on: Monday,August 10, 2015, 06:50:50 AM »
Sound's really cool! Can't wait to see some pictures of that when you get there!