Author Topic: ARB bushing  (Read 744 times)

Offline buzzer

ARB bushing
« on: Monday,August 10, 2015, 05:44:12 AM »
I foolishly in my haste to replace all bushes in the Europa burnt out the top bushes on the anti roll bar drop bars. That do between the top wishbone mount and the ARB. Subsequently I understand that these top bushes are moulded into the drop bars  and can't be replaced :headbanger: :headbanger: so potentially I need to replace these bars together with the bush. My question is has anyone found a solution to replace these top bushes without buying new bars?

Dave
Dave,

Other cars. Westfield SEiW. BMW E90 Alpina D3. BMW 325 E30 convertible and Range Rover CSK

Offline jbcollier

Re: ARB bushing
« Reply #1 on: Monday,August 10, 2015, 06:20:19 AM »
Banks sold me replacement bushings for my S1.

Offline buzzer

« Reply #2 on: Monday,August 10, 2015, 06:54:16 AM »
For the top mount? I spoke to Bank (Richard) and he said new drop bars... For the bottom mount I have got those from Banks.

Dave
Dave,

Other cars. Westfield SEiW. BMW E90 Alpina D3. BMW 325 E30 convertible and Range Rover CSK

Offline StrawberryCheesecake

« Reply #3 on: Tuesday,August 11, 2015, 03:32:43 PM »
Having looked at the pics on the banks website, it looks like an odd size - lots of pin and not a lot of bush. It might be possible to get a poly bush of a similar size modded to fit the hole, drilled to take the centre pin, and make sure it's clamped in place by the centre bolts & washers, but by the time you find a suitable bush, sleeve, make it fit, and paint it all up to make it look like a new arm, I'm not sure it would be worth the aggro.