Author Topic: Europe cancels EV mandate  (Read 238 times)

Offline TurboFource

Europe cancels EV mandate
« on: Monday,March 27, 2023, 03:29:20 PM »
Saw that Europe has canceled it's EV mandate and will allow internal combustion engines with E-fuel..

Will we we be smart enough to follow suit here in the USA?

Infrastructure already exists to sell and use E-Fuel ...... it will cost more than gasoline but I have no real desire to own an EV...fingers crossed...
The more I do the more I find I need to do....

Offline GavinT

Re: Europe cancels EV mandate
« Reply #1 on: Monday,March 27, 2023, 05:59:48 PM »
Had to happen . .

But what is "E-fuel" in the US?
Is it normal proper smelly toxic masculinity fuel with a percentage of ethanol mixed in or something else?

Online BDA

Re: Europe cancels EV mandate
« Reply #2 on: Monday,March 27, 2023, 07:37:55 PM »
 :FUNNY:

It's apparently a synthetic methanol that is very complex to produce: https://www.cnbc.com/2022/12/20/porsche-starts-production-of-e-fuel-that-could-provide-gas-alternative.html

E-fuels are a type of synthetic methanol produced by a complex process using water, hydrogen and carbon dioxide. Companies say they enable the nearly CO2-neutral operation of gas-powered engines.

I don't know how much of it is methanol but that has a lot less energy in it than gasoline. It might be great stuff for burning in an engine since methanol has a high octane rating but your fuel mileage will likely suffer. Hopefully it doesn't eat up your fuel lines and carb parts!

Like most of the solutions to the crisis du jour, it probably won't be "solved" at a bargain price.