Author Topic: Electric Europa  (Read 226 times)

Offline SilverBeast

• 1974 Twin Cam Special
Electric Europa
« on: Monday,February 21, 2022, 12:06:37 PM »
Still needs the paintwork doing.  And the gold pinstripes....

Offline EuropaTC

• LotusLand
Re: Electric Europa
« Reply #1 on: Monday,February 21, 2022, 01:02:39 PM »
 :)

What scale is that and where did you get the body from ?  I've been trying to find one of those blow moulded bodies to build a Scalextric car for ages now, I remember seeing one years ago but none since.....  (yes, I've got a Scalextric set-up, just claim second childhood and you get away with anything  ;) )

Brian

Offline SilverBeast

• 1974 Twin Cam Special
« Reply #2 on: Monday,February 21, 2022, 01:35:30 PM »
1/10. It's a Tamiya kit my son ordered for me before Christmas. It got delayed a lot and was finally delivered last week.

https://www.modelsport.co.uk/product/tamiya-lotus-europa-special-m-06-1339655

You can buy just the bodyshell if you already have the Taniya M06/M08 chassis

https://www.modelsport.co.uk/product/tamiya-lotus-europa-body-1341909

Offline JR73

• Banks Europa S2
« Reply #3 on: Monday,February 21, 2022, 02:52:32 PM »
:)

What scale is that and where did you get the body from ?  I've been trying to find one of those blow moulded bodies to build a Scalextric car for ages now, I remember seeing one years ago but none since.....  (yes, I've got a Scalextric set-up, just claim second childhood and you get away with anything  ;) )

Brian

The resin bodies aren’t great quality but with a bit of time and effort can be made to look pretty good for slot cars
I’ve got one like this;
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1-32-Slot-Car-Resin-Body-Kit-Lotus-47-BOAC-1968-Brands-Hatch-New-/294786256361?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49286&mkrid=710-127635-2958-0

There is also a Type 62 from here;
http://www.proto-slot-kit.com/ghostmodels_GM022.html?PHPSESSID=d1db06eb7b0a3ce1fd189b9985278633

I’ve got an rc Tamiya one on the way, are you going to paint it as a replica of your full size car Silverbeast?

I have been trying to find a Kyosho Nostalgic Europa TC for years(1:10th rc) - don’t come up very often as they where pretty rare whilst in production.

Have a couple of the Kyosho Mini Z rc Europas - detail is great on the factory painted body shells and they aren’t much bigger than slot cars, occasionally pop up on ebay.

I’m not claiming a second childhood, haven’t grown out out of the first one yet…. ;)

Offline SilverBeast

• 1974 Twin Cam Special
« Reply #4 on: Monday,February 21, 2022, 04:31:58 PM »
I’ve got an rc Tamiya one on the way, are you going to paint it as a replica of your full size car Silverbeast?

That's my intention, but without the microblisters hopefully. So no rear wing! I've just ordered the 1/10 registration plates from Ebay.
« Last Edit: Tuesday,February 22, 2022, 05:42:04 AM by SilverBeast »

Offline GavinT

« Reply #5 on: Tuesday,February 22, 2022, 09:38:17 PM »
My son and I raced 1/10th scale on road nitro cars back in the day with some success. He was the driver and I did the mechanic thing.
One of the guys gave me this old body. It's pretty flimsy and I think it's from Kyosho (?) because he was a Kyosho dealer. We didn't use it and it probably wouldn't have worked on what we were running.

Offline JR73

• Banks Europa S2
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday,February 23, 2022, 02:02:37 AM »
One of the guys gave me this old body. It's pretty flimsy and I think it's from Kyosho (?) because he was a Kyosho dealer.

8) Looks just like the Kyosho one, same lower front shape and the details appear to be the same elsewhere. I have seen it mentioned that it’s 1/9th scale rather than 1/10th? Pic below purely for reference.

There was an aftermarket rc body manufacturer (ABC I think?)that made a lexan 1/10th Europa shell for a while, not as nice as the Kyosho one but beggars can’t be choosers - even harder to find though…

I bought a Nichimo 1/12th rc carpet racer Europa when I was a kid but thankfully I realised at the time that I didn’t have the skill to assemble the body to a good enough standard so left it untouched in the box - think large very detailed static model with separate doors, front and rear bonnets, glass, chrome parts etc etc…which isn’t ideal for flying around attached to an RC car! Years later I bought the static model version also (body and fittings are exactly the same but with a full interior, chassis etc). Pic below of rc version box lid.

Silverbeast, hope to see some pics of the finished car when you are done along with the full sized version?!

Offline SilverBeast

• 1974 Twin Cam Special
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday,February 23, 2022, 10:36:53 AM »