Author Topic: Back on the road  (Read 186 times)

Offline dakazman

Back on the road
« on: Wednesday,September 22, 2021, 04:16:35 PM »
   This Elky has been in my garage and off the road door 5 years. I just was waiting on some instruments to complete. The prices of a cluster are not responsible, and I cannot find a speedometer and tach original. With only a few items to work and readying by November now is AC , lockout of a automatic transmission, instruments and an oil leak out of the front crankshaft cover seal.

Not pictured , a 79 vette a simple shifter adjustment and some Muncie gearbox seals.
Painting again after 25 years in order.

Lotus , waiting on wires. Color red is a hot commodity and on back order. Weather finally broke out of the 90’s with lower humidity. Not good enough to paint yet but SOON. 😂 this Europa S1 coming along , a true basket case, complete with broken a pillars.  I got the motor running on it with the help of a high strength magnet. Who knew a old boxed up motor would lose its magnetism.

Dakazman

Offline BDA

Re: Back on the road
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday,September 22, 2021, 04:31:48 PM »
D'man, you seem to have purposely collected projects for your retirement! Have fun with them!

Offline dakazman

Re: Back on the road
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday,September 22, 2021, 06:01:29 PM »
  With the addition of another grand person coming, they called dibs of the van. I’ll be going thru everything on that vehicle for family use. Removing the vcr and Nintendo and putting in a dvd …lol

BDA, the wife and daughters have more projects than anyone can imagine. The neighbors also add to my tasks , but I enjoy it.  I’m definitely slowing down though.
Dave