Author Topic: Building a 1:24 model of a black Europa TC  (Read 742 times)

Online BDA

Building a 1:24 model of a black Europa TC
« on: Saturday,September 04, 2021, 11:12:12 AM »
I saw this linked in the groups.io list. I watched the whole thing! You might enjoy it too: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o134IbCtzos

Notice it is not a JPS because he didn’t give it a number badge!  :)

Offline Bainford

• Twin Cam 3682R
Re: Building a 1:24 model of a black Europa TC
« Reply #1 on: Saturday,September 04, 2021, 05:41:26 PM »
Cool, thanks for posting that. Coincidentally I have the same kit on my model bench right now.
The Twin Cam plays the symphony whilst my right foot conducts the orchestra. At 3800 rpm the Mad Pipe Organ joins in.

Trevor

Online BDA

« Reply #2 on: Saturday,September 04, 2021, 05:56:35 PM »
Are you going to go to similar lengths?

As he was doing the steering wheel when he painted it silver, I thought, “wait a minute, the center is black!” then he painted it black! Then I thought, “wait, what about the Lotus rounded in the center?”  Then he put one on! His gearshift was even more impressive! Later on, I just came to expect.

Offline Bainford

• Twin Cam 3682R
« Reply #3 on: Saturday,September 04, 2021, 08:12:26 PM »
He did a nice job.
Yes, I’m building to a similar standard, though I’m not doing opening doors on this build. He had some interesting techniques. I liked his methods using epoxy putty when building the doors, and the UV adhesive to make gauge lenses is genius. I’ll be experimenting with that one. On my build I scratch built all the dash furniture such as all gauges, radio, dash vents, rocker switches, ashtray, etc. I tend to get carried away with scratch building details, so I try to limit how much I tackle on each build or else they take forever to complete. As it is, this build will take the better part of a year. I have a nice Esprit S1 build about 95% done. I’ll post photos when they’re done.

Here’s a couple pics of some bits in progress.
« Last Edit: Saturday,September 04, 2021, 08:26:11 PM by Bainford »
The Twin Cam plays the symphony whilst my right foot conducts the orchestra. At 3800 rpm the Mad Pipe Organ joins in.

Trevor

Offline EuropaTC

• LotusLand
« Reply #4 on: Saturday,September 04, 2021, 10:17:01 PM »
That really is amazing, and so far beyond my abilities to make something so small & delicate.

I hope you're going to keep this thread alive with updates, I'd love to see it come together.

Brian

Online BDA

« Reply #5 on: Sunday,September 05, 2021, 07:58:03 AM »
Yes, please keep us up to date on your progress. Your work so far is amazing!

Offline Bainford

• Twin Cam 3682R
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday,September 08, 2021, 05:25:01 AM »
Cheers guys! Thanks for your interest. I'm away for the next month, but I'll post some progress photos when I return to the bench.

Trevor

Offline dakazman

« Reply #7 on: Thursday,October 21, 2021, 01:20:48 AM »
  I wouldn’t mind some tips on building models. I haven’t put one together in 60 years , maybe 58.
In my spare time I’m putting together an S1, 1:20 scale, severely warped, with no tires .
 I picked it up on eBay for 20$  . It’s coming along  but finding more missing parts.
Dakazman

Online BDA

« Reply #8 on: Wednesday,February 15, 2023, 08:19:44 PM »
I was going to start a thread about this series of videos where a guy builds a Tamiya TCS but I found this thread was already started by me! about the same kit!! I don't know how I got sucked into this series of videos (https://www.youtube.com/@sammyleung0226/videos) this guy goes step by step building the Tamiya TCS model. He does his own opening doors, engine cover and bonnet. Other than a music track, there is no sound. There are Japanese subtitles which are useless to me, of course. The odd thing is that I've become engrossed in it somehow! I haven't built a model in probably 50 years when I started a Lotus 78 but never finished it.

I finally found the thread about model building (started by me! with this same kit!!) so I thought I'd use this opportunity to find out how everybody's models were coming along.

It appears that he's not finished since the last video is Part 16 which was posted two months ago. He does the door locks in it (fabricated out of metal!) and he hasn't even started on the frame, suspension, engine, etc. But then he's only be posting videos for eight months!
« Last Edit: Tuesday,June 27, 2023, 07:32:38 AM by BDA »

Offline dakazman

« Reply #9 on: Thursday,February 16, 2023, 06:03:12 AM »
  That was amazing.
    My two Europa models, one is back in box . The latest is getting sanded , trimmed, and repainted after the po attempted it.  My days plan deviates all the time, I just go along with it and have fun.
  I even have a huge doll house to put together, given to me 40 years ago. Gluing the wood cedar shakes to the roof one at a time killed it.
Dakazman

Offline Sammy Leung

• https://www.youtube.com/@sammyleung0226/videos
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday,June 27, 2023, 06:29:49 AM »
I feel so amazed and delighted that I discovered this inspiring topic during my research process, which led me to eagerly register as a member.

Please accept my apologies for being so forward, I am the author of (https://www.youtube.com/@sammyleung0226/videos). Allow me to respond here, due to health issues I have been diagnosed with follicular lymphoma, so I haven't updated my videos for a few months, I am deeply sorry. At the end of March I completed induction therapy and responded well, now undergoing consolidation therapy. As the frequency of tests and infusions has reduced, I have more time to update my work, though the time between each update is likely longer than before.

Here I introduce myself, I am from Hong Kong and model making is how I destress. As the name of my channel suggests, I hope to document the process but not necessarily complete them satisfactorily, like those half-dead productions in the drawer. In my videos you see Chinese subtitles, but I know viewers can choose other languages on YouTube settings and have them automatically translated, though it may not reflect my original meaning, but should give a rough understanding of the content. Additionally, to express myself better I will try to include subtitles in other languages. Finally, due to my limited knowledge of cars, when I encounter issues during the process I really hope to get guidance from the real owners of that specific car, because the information I find online always differs from what I need.

Online BDA

« Reply #11 on: Tuesday,June 27, 2023, 07:48:22 AM »
First off,  :Welcome: Sammy!!! I think it's great that you decided to join our forum!!

I am wishing you well with your medical problems. There's no reason to apologize to us about that! That does not sound like any fun at all.

As I've said earlier, your craftsmanship is amazing! Thank you for reminding me about translating the subtitles. That's very handy.

Not that what you already do isn't great enough but have you ever considered modifying a model such as with an engine swap? Is that even something that is generally done?

I'm really looking forward to the rest of your build!

Stay well!!!

Offline 69merc

« Reply #12 on: Friday,April 26, 2024, 09:17:35 AM »
Just thought I’d add to this thread….I just finished the Tamiya TCS model to resemble my real TCS.  I’ve built a few models in my past and was amazed by this models attention to detail.  :trophy:

Offline 69merc

« Reply #13 on: Friday,April 26, 2024, 09:19:27 AM »
More pics

Online BDA

« Reply #14 on: Friday,April 26, 2024, 10:01:40 AM »
Very nice!  :beerchug: