Author Topic: Dave Bean's Personal Elan Is for Sale  (Read 348 times)

Offline BDA

Dave Bean's Personal Elan Is for Sale
« on: Sunday,April 01, 2018, 04:00:04 PM »
I find it a little sad. One reason is because I can't buy it, but more importantly because it's for sale because Dave died. Dave built my motor and sold me a bunch of parts including my frame and headers back when I was living in New Orleans over thirty years ago so I'd known Dave for a long time.

In case anyone here is interested, here's the ad (ignore any typos) that was published in the latest Lotus Ltd. magazine, Lotus ReMarque:

1966 Series 2, Ch. No. 26/4477, with rare silvered bumpers like the Paris Auto Show car. Excellent condition throughout with numerous concours awards to its credit. Physical limitations preclude my driving it. More details upon serious inquiry. Car is in CA. Best offer in the $50,000 neighborhood. roberta@goldrush.com or (209) 743-1227.

Of course I've never seen the car, but even without the description, it would be hard to believe it was less than stunning.

Offline Certified Lotus

Re: Dave Bean's Personal Elan Is for Sale
« Reply #1 on: Sunday,April 01, 2018, 04:59:26 PM »
If I didn't already own an S1 Elan (that I rebuilt the way I wanted it at considerable expense) I would buy his car in a heart beat.