Author Topic: S1 Choke/Heater Decals  (Read 1409 times)

Offline My S1

S1 Choke/Heater Decals
« on: Friday,April 07, 2023, 11:04:21 AM »
I had a graphics shop make some reproduction heater/choke decals.  They turned out well.  Silk screened on foil.  I have four extra if anyone would like one.  The final cost came to a unit price of $24.91.  One note of caution is that you must be sure that the mounting surface of the debossed slot is perfectly smooth as the foil will telegraph any imperfections.

Offline Bryan Boyle

• 1974 Europa JPS #142 3291R
    • Lotus Europa Collection
Re: S1 Choke/Heater Decals
« Reply #1 on: Thursday,April 13, 2023, 07:42:52 AM »
I had a graphics shop make some reproduction heater/choke decals.  They turned out well.  Silk screened on foil.  I have four extra if anyone would like one.  The final cost came to a unit price of $24.91.  One note of caution is that you must be sure that the mounting surface of the debossed slot is perfectly smooth as the foil will telegraph any imperfections.

One suggestion is to find thin (16 or 20 thou) aluminum...put sticker on that, trim to edge carefully, then epoxy to the plastic.  The extra thickness of the aluminum will be indetectable...;)  Just a thought.

Very nice job!
Bryan Boyle
Fall River MA
Morrisville PA
Commercial Pilot/CFII/FAA Safety Team
Amateur Extra Class Operator & FCC Volunteer Examiner
Currently working on 3291R, ex 444R, 693R, 65/2163, 004R, 65/2678
http://www.lotuseuropa.us for mirror of lotus-europa.com manual site.

Offline My S1

« Reply #2 on: Thursday,April 13, 2023, 09:02:07 AM »
Excellent idea.  The slot pocket on the console is anything but flat with sloppy corners.  A concourse judge might get some heart burn but that's OK.

Offline Bryan Boyle

• 1974 Europa JPS #142 3291R
    • Lotus Europa Collection
« Reply #3 on: Thursday,April 13, 2023, 12:41:49 PM »
Excellent idea.  The slot pocket on the console is anything but flat with sloppy corners.  A concourse judge might get some heart burn but that's OK.

if they are that picky...or even know...doubtful.  Only, perhaps, the Lotus LTD or Club Lotus folks would be that aware of EVERY nuance of construction...;)

I got pinged once because I left the bottom of the body in raw fiberglass as it came from the factory.  The bow-tied, blue sport jacketed judge took off 4 points because it was 'unfinished'.  Then went on to judge a 68 Camaro.  So what did he REALLY know about a 71 Europa?  But, dinged me 4 points (still won the class with 92 points...;))
Bryan Boyle
Fall River MA
Morrisville PA
Commercial Pilot/CFII/FAA Safety Team
Amateur Extra Class Operator & FCC Volunteer Examiner
Currently working on 3291R, ex 444R, 693R, 65/2163, 004R, 65/2678
http://www.lotuseuropa.us for mirror of lotus-europa.com manual site.

Offline Trailermann

« Reply #4 on: Friday,December 22, 2023, 08:01:52 AM »
Greetings, "My S-1", this is my first time with this forum and I cannot figure out how to reply directly to a member.  Yes, I would like to get one of the decals.  What should I do next?

Offline BDA

« Reply #5 on: Friday,December 22, 2023, 08:22:31 AM »
 :Welcome: Trailermann!!

Click on the poster’s name to the left of the post. You’ll get his profile. To the left under his avatar is the option to send him a private message (“Send PM”).