Author Topic: Stablemate for my Europa  (Read 1143 times)

Offline surfguitar58

Re: Stablemate for my Europa
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday,October 26, 2021, 04:46:59 PM »
Does that Elite with an LS mean there is a late model Camaro running around with  1 liter Coventry Climax?

Seriously though, is there enough original Elite left to bring back?

Tom
"A designer knows he has achieved perfection not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away."
Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Offline Chuck Nukem

« Reply #16 on: Tuesday,October 26, 2021, 08:57:36 PM »
Does that Elite with an LS mean there is a late model Camaro running around with  1 liter Coventry Climax?

Seriously though, is there enough original Elite left to bring back?

Tom

That would be amazing

Offline RoddyMac

« Reply #17 on: Wednesday,October 27, 2021, 06:46:45 AM »
Tom,
With an Elite, all you need are a few key pieces, there's a company in the UK that sells just about everything you'd need for one:  https://www.mk14components.com/.  You would need deep pockets if you required a whole new shell, but they are at least available.

Rod

Offline jbcollier

« Reply #18 on: Wednesday,October 27, 2021, 08:18:29 AM »
They are available and considerably improved over the originals.  I have no idea what was hacked to get the V8 in, one shudders at the thought, but a new CBU may be a worthwhile consideration.  There was one for sale in the latest Club Lotus classifieds.

Offline surfguitar58

« Reply #19 on: Friday,October 29, 2021, 07:45:52 PM »
They are available and considerably improved over the originals.  I have no idea what was hacked to get the V8 in, one shudders at the thought, but a new CBU may be a worthwhile consideration.  There was one for sale in the latest Club Lotus classifieds.

Given that so many modern exotics use composite (carbon fiber) "tub" chassis, it seems Mr. Chapman was once again ahead of his time.
t
"A designer knows he has achieved perfection not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away."
Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Offline Chuck Nukem

« Reply #20 on: Friday,October 29, 2021, 08:38:33 PM »

Given that so many modern exotics use composite (carbon fiber) "tub" chassis, it seems Mr. Chapman was once again ahead of his time.
t

I've long thought that if any car deserves to be remade in carbon it is an elite...perhaps with a coventry climax v8...somehow that seems more appropriate  >:D
« Last Edit: Friday,October 29, 2021, 08:40:53 PM by Chuck Nukem »