Author Topic: Hello Forum, here's #1124R  (Read 3511 times)

Offline Music City Lotus

Hello Forum, here's #1124R
« on: Tuesday,February 05, 2019, 11:51:59 AM »
Hi Forum!
Here is my 1971 S2 Type 65 #1124. It lives with me in Nashville, Tennessee
« Last Edit: Wednesday,February 06, 2019, 02:24:24 PM by Music City Lotus »
1971 Lotus Europa Type 65

Offline Music City Lotus

Re: Hello Forum, here's #1024R
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday,February 05, 2019, 11:53:24 AM »
At the Nashville Superspeedway trackday

Offline BDA

« Reply #2 on: Tuesday,February 05, 2019, 12:02:46 PM »
 :Welcome: Music!

Nice S2 you got there! Is there a story behind it? I know we'd all like to see more pictures of it!

Offline surfguitar58

« Reply #3 on: Tuesday,February 05, 2019, 12:05:03 PM »
Hello MCL, and  :Welcome:

Saw your FB post introducing Kermit and almost doubled over laughing. Perfect name for a green Europa!

This forum is a great resource. Everyone is friendly and there are some super knowledgeable folks here who have helped me a lot. Way more in depth and technical than the Facebook site.

Do I see a little front end damage on Kermit? There are a few fiberglass wizards here who will surely off advice.

Cheers,
Tom (aka Surfguitar58)
"A designer knows he has achieved perfection not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away."
Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Offline 4129R

• Location: Norfolk, United Kingdom, not far from Hethel the home of Lotus.
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday,February 05, 2019, 12:09:45 PM »

Saw your FB post introducing Kermit and almost doubled over laughing. Perfect name for a green Europa!

The S2 has a frog engine !

Offline BDA

« Reply #5 on: Tuesday,February 05, 2019, 12:14:28 PM »

The S2 has a frog engine !

:FUNNY:

Offline Music City Lotus

« Reply #6 on: Wednesday,February 06, 2019, 06:38:45 AM »

This forum is a great resource. Everyone is friendly and there are some super knowledgeable folks here who have helped me a lot. Way more in depth and technical than the Facebook site.

Do I see a little front end damage on Kermit? There are a few fiberglass wizards here who will surely off advice.

Cheers,
Tom (aka Surfguitar58)

Yeah, my daughter (4yo) loves the name, too  :)) Seemed a no brainer with that color hahaha
A deer ran into it, causing the damage. I try to get to it, for 8 years now... But this year, I will finally fix it. Car needs a resto bad, but I just can't stop driving it! I know how to do it, just no time yet. Parallel to that, I am building a 1700 wedge turbo engine for Kermit. The long block is almost done, in the process of setting the liner height. Should be a fun engine, shooting for about 160hp.
I work at www.lanemotormuseum.com as a restoration tech. The museum has several Lotus, and about 500 other vehicles. So I stay busy, with little time for my own cars and bikes.

Offline Music City Lotus

« Reply #7 on: Wednesday,February 06, 2019, 06:40:56 AM »
:Welcome: Music!

Nice S2 you got there! Is there a story behind it? I know we'd all like to see more pictures of it!

I bought it 8 or 10 years ago here in town. Don't know much about the history, only that it came with a full Hermes Kit and a vinyl top from the dealer. The Hermes Kit is still on it, the vinyl top is gone.

Offline BDA

« Reply #8 on: Wednesday,February 06, 2019, 06:52:09 AM »
A vinyl top like in the '70s!? I've seen a lot of strange things done to Europas but never that!

You've got a very cool job! You should have no trouble restoring your car. As I told a guy who recently bought a hacked up Europa and was offered a trade for what looked like a nice bug eye Sprite, driving a properly running Europa is the most fun most people can afford so I understand your reticence in taking it off the road. When you finally do, I hope you'll keep us up to date on your progress!

Go Kermit!

Offline surfguitar58

« Reply #9 on: Wednesday,February 06, 2019, 08:01:32 AM »

Cheers,
Tom (aka Surfguitar58)

Yeah, my daughter (4yo) loves the name, too  :)) Seemed a no brainer with that color hahaha
A deer ran into it, causing the damage. I try to get to it, for 8 years now... But this year, I will finally fix it. Car needs a resto bad, but I just can't stop driving it! I know how to do it, just no time yet. Parallel to that, I am building a 1700 wedge turbo engine for Kermit. The long block is almost done, in the process of setting the liner height. Should be a fun engine, shooting for about 160hp.
I work at www.lanemotormuseum.com as a restoration tech. The museum has several Lotus, and about 500 other vehicles. So I stay busy, with little time for my own cars and bikes.

The turbo wedge sounds like a great option for the Europa, send some pics of your progress.

Is that a 308 GT4 in the background? One of yours, or part of the museum?

Tom
"A designer knows he has achieved perfection not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away."
Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Offline gideon

« Reply #10 on: Wednesday,February 06, 2019, 08:13:40 AM »
I'd love to hear some details of your turbo wedge build.

Offline RoddyMac

« Reply #11 on: Wednesday,February 06, 2019, 08:44:28 AM »
Is that a 308 GT4 in the background?

It looks like a Lambo Urraco to me, though I could be wrong.

Offline Bainford

• Twin Cam 3682R
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday,February 06, 2019, 09:01:02 AM »
Welcome to the forum, MCL. Nice Europa, should be a flyer with 160 horses onboard. I like seeing Europas in the more unusual colours. Is this the original colour for yours? Cheers  :beerchug:
The Twin Cam plays the symphony whilst my right foot conducts the orchestra. At 3800 rpm the Mad Pipe Organ joins in.

Trevor

Offline 4129R

• Location: Norfolk, United Kingdom, not far from Hethel the home of Lotus.
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday,February 06, 2019, 09:09:06 AM »
Is that a 308 GT4 in the background?

It looks like a Lambo Urraco to me, though I could be wrong.

Give that man a cigar.

Offline Music City Lotus

« Reply #14 on: Wednesday,February 06, 2019, 12:02:05 PM »
It is indeed a 1976 Lambo Urraco. It belongs to the museum. I built the engine for it a few years back after it dropped a valve.
Pics of the wedge build will follow.
The Pistachio Lime Green is the original color. The car is numbers matching, too.