Author Topic: Replacement Aluminum Radiator  (Read 2287 times)

Offline Sandyman

Re: Replacement Aluminum Radiator
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday,March 12, 2019, 05:24:25 PM »
I haven't decided between aluminum or stainless steel.

Online BDA

« Reply #16 on: Tuesday,March 12, 2019, 07:51:20 PM »
r.d. has stainless steel transfer tubes (which may or may not come from Richard). I would go with them from either source. r.d. warns about high shipping costs for the S2 version because one pipe is very long. The TC shipping is apparently more reasonable. If the shipping from Massachusetts is bad, I imagine the shipping from England would be terrible but it may be worth a call to get the straight skinny. 

Offline JR73

• Banks Europa S2
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday,March 13, 2019, 02:55:32 AM »
r.d. has stainless steel transfer tubes (which may or may not come from Richard). I would go with them from either source. r.d. warns about high shipping costs for the S2 version because one pipe is very long. The TC shipping is apparently more reasonable. If the shipping from Massachusetts is bad, I imagine the shipping from England would be terrible but it may be worth a call to get the straight skinny.

I don't know where r.d. source their transfer tubes from but i do know that the Banks replacements (the direct replacements for the O.E. tubes) are in stainless steel and have all the shapes formed into the lengths.

The alternative that used to be fitted to the vast majority of the Banks cars and also any race cars where aluminium tubes - straight lengths down the chassis with rubber/silicone bends to direct them to where they needed to end up (with additional aluminium tube between the bends) - it is actually possible to remove the straight lengths from the chassis without pulling the engine/transmission etc should you ever need to.

I suspect that you may be able to source the correct diameter aluminium tube locally to yourself - saving on what i imagine would be a hefty shipping cost for an awkwardly large but relatively light pair of tubes?

Hope this helps
Jon

Offline Sandyman

« Reply #18 on: Wednesday,March 13, 2019, 10:31:36 AM »
Thanks for all the great suggestions. I am having a Spyder chassis built and shipped from England to Canada. Sean at Spyder said that I could source tubes there,have them installed and shipped with new chassis, suspension, disc brakes and 14 in. rims. S J Sportscars has formed aluminum tubing. I think this is the route to go.