Author Topic: 0453R Rockledge Florida  (Read 15557 times)

Offline dakazman

Re: 0453R Rockledge Florida
« Reply #135 on: Monday,December 09, 2019, 03:44:14 PM »
  Flipped the engine over and and cleared and cleaned all the oil pan bolts . Nickel Plating all the bolts and washers . Yes I was playing around but sneaking away from babysitting with the he wife. 🤣
I went shopping for all new manifold studs but all the auto parts suppliers didn’t have them. The ones I have from 2 engines will just have to do until I order some from R&D .
Dakazman 

Offline Certified Lotus

« Reply #136 on: Monday,December 09, 2019, 05:58:40 PM »
Man does that engine look good! I’m excited for you to get the car together Dave.
« Last Edit: Wednesday,December 25, 2019, 03:05:03 AM by Certified Lotus »

Offline dakazman

« Reply #137 on: Tuesday,December 24, 2019, 08:39:25 AM »
  When Assembling the hub carrier and axle , do we press the inner bearing onto it the axle , then pull the axle into hub? Or bearing into hub first? It would seem the first method is safer as to not cock it.
The manual really doesn’t say much it.
Dakazman

Offline Bodzer

« Reply #138 on: Tuesday,December 24, 2019, 11:05:57 PM »
Merry Christmas dakazman! Serge did a nice YouTube video on it a few years ago. I found it very helpful during my rebuild. https://youtu.be/4tDs8oNti6A

Offline jbcollier

« Reply #139 on: Wednesday,December 25, 2019, 08:37:38 AM »
Outer bearing first, spacer, inner bearing, seal, fit to the radius arm, backing plate and then axle.

Offline dakazman

« Reply #140 on: Sunday,January 12, 2020, 08:17:46 AM »
 While waiting for my machinist to come back from holiday, I thought it would be nice to finish up some  items that parts came in for.
Distributor, awhile back I disassembled, inspected and ordered some parts for my decellier 4267 distributor. I found a complete spare on the web cheap. It turned out to be better than mine. I took it apart an found a few differences, took a lot of pictures and will post after I write up a frame by frame document explaining each. At least I won’t have to change points on the side of the road now , I’ll just swap out the whole unit.
Dakazman

PS warning:you may need sunglasses.😀😂

Online BDA

« Reply #141 on: Sunday,January 12, 2020, 08:38:55 AM »
More shiny stuff! That engine's future is so bright, it's going to need shades!  :)

Offline dakazman

« Reply #142 on: Sunday,January 12, 2020, 03:13:14 PM »
After this I have all the parts to rebuild the original DGV 32/36 Weber carb.  Buying a new one may be easier but at least I’ll learn a few things . I have a really good overhaul tutorial.
  Hi torque Starter and fuel pump I all that is left before running.
Dakazman 

Offline dakazman

« Reply #143 on: Monday,January 13, 2020, 05:09:04 PM »
  I did get a single distributor out of the two. I found some parts missing from the manual. I still need to see if they are missing from the parts catalog. I also found a interesting function built into the points bracket. The bracket floats and has a washer below the bracket not in the manual. Giving the points a sort of centering with the contact side . If anyone can explain jump in .
  One of the important items missing from the manual are the plastic insert going into the weights. The other spacer on the weights should rotate on there shafts. My original just had the lower half of the bushing/ insert. If someone has a 3D printer that item would help in any decelleir distributor.
 The lobe spacer has only happened n correct way of going on. Bevel down then washer.

I’m all so glad I was able to disassemble and compare the two units. It made me catch a lot of problems before they started.?
Dakazman
« Last Edit: Monday,January 13, 2020, 05:24:20 PM by dakazman »