Lotus Europa Forums > Members Cars

Europa S1A 46/0320

(1/7) > >>

LotusEuropa:
Hello together,

Maybe it was not the most reasonable decision I made the last couple of years, but at least I am happy with it  ;D ::).
I bought a 1967 S1A (46/0320) as a project from a French enthusiast. The car soon joins my Elise S1 here in Germany.

I have always dreamed about owning a Europa, especially as an S1 or S1A and now one is mine... in need of a full restoration.

As I have posted here before it's not the condition I was originally looking for, but as a trained car mechanic and close to finishing another project, I'm happy to have the car now.
I plan to start the restoration maybe next year.

Currently I am gathering all the information I can get for this particular car and in fact I was able to track its history down approximately to the late 70s and I am hoping to get more information out of the COP I have already ordered.

As soon as I have took it to Germany I will be starting to source the parts needed.
Hope this forum will provide me some help where needed regarding the whole process.
I will keep you updated!

Regards
Raphael

jbcollier:
Congratulations!

Love my, albeit much modified, S1b.  Any idea of the condition of the chassis?

LotusEuropa:
Thank you.

Of course, I have taken a look underneath the car.
At a first glance, I haven't found any holes or heavily corroded spots, but I believe it will become a frame-off restoration.
I am aware of the difficulties it might bring (especially the bonded chassis), but I look forward to seeing the progress.

BDA:
Looking forward to pictures and updates on your progress!

There are a few of us here who have been where you are now and I’m sure you will be able to get just about any question you’ll have answered here.

Another potential source of information for you is the video series on his restoration of his S1 by our own Serge Sleurs (https://www.youtube.com/user/sleursmotorsport/videos). Serge hasn’t posted videos recently because he has been busy getting married, having a daughter, and starting a business (whew!) but when time permits, I imagine he’ll start them up again.

Best of luck with your journey!

Rainer:
Congratulations

I am excited to see pictures.
If the chassis shows no obvious rust, it is at least a lot better than mine was  ;D

Regards
Rainer

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version