Lotus Europa Forums > Members Cars

Looking for our old JPS.

<< < (2/6) > >>

BDA:
Unfortunately, I don't think lotus-europa.com has been updated recently, but maybe it will help regardless.

You might try sending an email to Andy Graham (AGraham@lotuscars.com). He's the official Lotus archivist and is collecting information about cars and may have some information that is useful.

Good luck and keep us up to date with your search!

4129R:
DVLA records are not much help. Black Lotus reg 1973, not ever MOTd, and not currently taxed.

bikenut:
The car was used in the film 11 Harrow house after we sold it.As dvla shows not taxed since 75 I always assumed it was destroyed in the stunts during film making.But I saw on here a post from a member called Soulsaver,he has a JPS and the reg in the pics is clearly MMO 597L. So maybe the car was stored somewhere for years or maybe it was not damaged at all and just has not been taxed? As someone suggested to me recently,the car was still fairly new when the film was made,maybe the stunts were done using another car.I just would like to know the fate of our car,I dont want to buy it or hassle anyone.My Dad loved the car,it lived in a garage with red carpet and a radiator to keep it dry and warm,the garage was out of bounds to me and my siblings.I have many memories of being in that car,we used to meet 2 American air force guys at the Lotus/Clan dealer on Saturdays and go for a drive,one owned a Elan sprint and the other a +2s/130.

pto:
may have been saved

HealeyBN7:
Check out this link and read the comments near the bottom after looking at the cool photos.  Some folks are suggesting the car is owned by a Lotus enthusiast that is still active on an Elan forum.

http://www.imcdb.org/vehicle_4187-Lotus-Europa-Special-Type-74-1973.html

If you haven't seen this web site before...you can waste a lot of time looking around.

Dean 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version