Lotus Europa Forums > Members Cars

Looking for our old JPS.

<< < (6/6)

Bread Van 74092397P:
Hi Phil,

Regards JPS Europa at Donnington Lotus Show, it was several years ago that I saw it, but it was definitely MMO 597L, the number was etched on my memory from the film. At Donnington show, it was in the area allocated to Banks Europa, along with some of their other modified versions.

If I can find a picture of it at the time, I will let you know. There was an article in Hot Car magazine, relating to the car in 11 Harrowhouse, I will have a look for that also.

My understanding is that there were 200 numbered JPS cars, all built in 1973, but there were plenty of other JPS cars without numbers. Lotus themselves, retained one of the last JPS models at the factory, this was built 1975. This was part of their heritage collection, along with a late Elan Sprint, unfortunately, someone took the decision to auction them off! 

Dave   

bikenut:
Hi again Dave, yes i used to read Hot Car magazine as a teenager and that was when i saw the article and recognised the car in it. I remember showing the article to my Dad, he almost cried when he saw the car jumping over the wall and smashing to bits, he treated it like a baby and it was his dream car. Since then i assumed the car was destroyed, but i have seen pictures of it on here posted by soulsaver, I found them via the IMBd. I have mesaged soulsaver but no response. I will try calling Richard as you all suggest. Happy Christmas and thanks everyone for helping. It would be amazing to see the car again

Soulsaver:
Hi The search is over!

MMO 597L didn't appear at Donnington; that's probably memory fog but a near miss: It was at the Lotus festival at Stoneleigh, 1992 (IIRC) and won concourse.

But it was indeed on the Banks stand. I had a small TV/video playing the Harrow House car chase.

I have a copy of the green reg book, and it's 2nd owner was Harrow House Productions. Where & when did your dad p/ex the car?

(PS Does the PM email the recipient? I didn't get notification, and I can't seem to find my email addy linked at all?) Edit:Sorted, old dead email updated.

4129R:

--- Quote from: Bread Van on Tuesday,December 15, 2020, 07:54:07 AM --- Lotus themselves, retained one of the last JPS models at the factory, this was built 1975. This was part of their heritage collection, along with a late Elan Sprint, unfortunately, someone took the decision to auction them off! 

--- End quote ---

When Lotus went bust, the receiver sold them.

That was JEX 590N.

I used to own JEX 591N.

Both were 1975 cars with US Federal bodyshells which Lotus had left over after the April 1974 deadline for exports to the USA. Presumably Lotus had a lot of bits left over and decided to build them up and sell them off before changing over to Esprit production.

bikenut:
Hi Soulsaver, To respect your privacy I have sent you a private message as there are too many questions to ask here.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version