Lotus Europa Forums > Members Cars

yellow16TS's 1969 S2 from VIC, AUSTRALIA

(1/11) > >>

yellow16TS:
Hi everyone, completely new to Lotus ownership. I recently acquired a 1969 S2. It is in need of repainting and reassembly of its new interior (supplied by Banks).
It is running a non original Renault engine. "16TS type motor cross flow head with Gordini manifolds with twin DCOE 40 weber carbs and cam ground to Gordini specs"

Hoping to gain plenty of knowledge from this site and have this beautiful car back on the road soon.

Cheers!
Andreas

BDA:
 :Welcome: , yellow! It sounds like you have a pretty interesting car! Don't be shy about any questions and please keep us up to date with your progress!

yellow16TS:
Thank you , i will do. I have heaps of questions but I've been around other car forums for many years so i will use the search function as much as i can as to not bombard the site with "basic" questions in the general chat area.

First on the agenda is to paint the shell. ATM the interior is stripped bare and the doors, lights, glass are all out. I will add pictures of the paint and prep. Car is going back to original L07 lotus yellow. Hopefully will be done in the next 3 months.

Bainford:
Welcome to the forum, Andreas. That seems a nice little Europa you have there. Though I am a Twin Cam owner, I have long been interested in the cross flow Renaults. Good luck with the painting, and post pictures when you can. We like photos. Cheers  :beerchug:

EuropaTC:
Hi Andreas, and another   :Welcome:

--- Quote from: yellow16TS on Tuesday,August 01, 2017, 05:40:55 AM ---Thank you , i will do. I have heaps of questions but I've been around other car forums for many years so i will use the search function as much as i can as to not bombard the site with "basic" questions in the general chat area.
--- End quote ---

By all means use the forum search, but don't worry about asking questions at any level or for current thinking if the topic you want is a year or so old.  Ok, it's a personal opinion but I welcome newcomers asking questions regardless of whether they think the question is basic or not. If you don't know the answer, it's a valid question  ;)

Plus asking questions gets you settled into the forum routine and making new friends. So to me, questions are good....   not a sign that someone is being lazy, although I'm aware that's a view taken by some members in other forums occasionally.

So let's see how this car of yours is going once it's off the trailer ! 

Brian

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version