Lotus Europa Forums > The Paddock

MR2 Rear Sway Bar

<< < (2/2)

benbeames:
Wow yours is THICK!  Though yours is also adjustable.  When I was installing mine, I had one end hooked up and I pulled and pushed on the other end and its a fairly light spring action (compared to bars I've seen on other cars).

cal44:
I am not seeing alot of rubber bushings on the these sway bars..........or is it my old eyes not seeing?

Mike

benbeames:
I think my bar is too thin to have any use for rubber bushings. It doesn't make the ride harsh at all (though mind you I'm also running a solid rear transmission mount and I haven't noticed a difference there either so maybe I'm deranged).

And I was thinking about the one on 3294R and since it mounts to the trailing arm it's going to move less in relation to the wheel and thus need to be thicker to do the same job so it's probably not as stiff as I initially thought (that it made my bar look particularly puny).

I took mine out for a spirited drive this morning and without doing a controlled back to back comparison I think I can feel a difference but it may be the placebo effect.  So it's not a drastic change, but I'll report back after my race in Oct.

cal44:
Ben,

If you were to see how skinny the rear sway on '70 Boss 302 you wouldn't believe it.  1/2" =/-. 

If it was good for Mark Donahue then it's all right with me.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version