Author Topic: Not great times...  (Read 1205 times)

Offline katanaman

Not great times...
« on: Saturday,October 04, 2014, 08:51:39 PM »
  I figured some of you are wondering what's going on here.  The trip to Bonneville was not as planned; the speed trials were cancelled due to heavy rains.  On the way there, we detoured and I found out my mom went into the hospital due to a fall -- broken hip and wrist.  When I got back to home, I left to be with my ailing father who was alone as mom was in a nursing home.  Dad got better during the 6 days I was there, and got his appetite back (he had pulmonary fibrosis and was 94).  But... as he was without my mother, he placed himself on hospice, and it was obvious he was prepared to leave.  At about week 3, he died.  At the same time, my mother began the first of 3 trips to the hospital from the nursing home.  I have been on the telephone a lot, volunteering twice as much at the museum, and still trying to get the garage finished up.  I am almost finished painting it, and that's why there are no pics.  I will wait until I am done.  In that meantime, new driveway gravel has been delivered and spread, I had the inside insulated and the Lotus in now home, and I have already given the tent garage away.  Yaaah!.  I will post pictures when I have more time!  Thanks, Dan

Offline EuropaTC

• LotusLand
Re: Not great times...
« Reply #1 on: Saturday,October 04, 2014, 10:23:43 PM »
Gee Dan, "not great" is a bit of an understatement there, no wonder you've got no time left for hobbies.  I'm sure there's a few of us on the forum that know exactly what you've been through and there's no substitute for time in getting past these things. Keep on going, that's light at the end of the tunnel.
Brian

ps - given away the tent garage ???   are you mad ?  where will you put your next Lotus now ?   :)

Offline BDA

« Reply #2 on: Sunday,October 05, 2014, 07:52:15 AM »
Dan,

I'm sorry for yours and your mother's loss. What a trying few weeks that must have been!

At least something good happened.

Offline Bainford

• Twin Cam 3682R
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday,October 07, 2014, 06:03:37 AM »
Condolences, Dan. Hang in there brother.
The Twin Cam plays the symphony whilst my right foot conducts the orchestra. At 3800 rpm the Mad Pipe Organ joins in.

Trevor

Offline blasterdad

« Reply #4 on: Tuesday,October 07, 2014, 09:06:49 PM »
Have had the same thing happen in my family repeatedly, absence of a spouse has a way of taking the wind out of their sails. We also had a very trying week as we almost lost our 14 year old daughter in an auto accident, she got very lucky to walk away with only minor injuries & so far is doing well. I made it a point to surprise her twin brother ( and her ) tonight by working on the Lotus tonight for the first time since we brought it home. Idle hands are the devil's playground & I am determined  to show them there is plenty of wind left in dad's sails & always will be. Come what may.  ;)  Like Mom's Birthday tomorrow!  :)  Hang in there!