Author Topic: Re bodying  (Read 1362 times)

Offline Sparkrite

Re bodying
« on: Wednesday,June 02, 2021, 09:40:17 AM »
I am gathering my thoughts about a possible future project which involves re bodying a europa. I dont mean like a type 47 or similar. I want it to not look like a europa, from the outside at least. So I want a doner car that is beyond saving as an europa. There must be someone who has done similar in the past.

Offline Bainford

• Twin Cam 3682R
Re: Re bodying
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday,June 02, 2021, 10:01:19 AM »
I seem to remember a few years ago someone rebodied a Europa as a Dino. It was a nice looking conversion, as those things go. I just had a quick look online for photos but could only find a Dino body on a VX220, which is a Vauxhall badge engineered Elise.
The Twin Cam plays the symphony whilst my right foot conducts the orchestra. At 3800 rpm the Mad Pipe Organ joins in.

Trevor

Online BDA

« Reply #2 on: Wednesday,June 02, 2021, 10:05:01 AM »
I can't help you with a donor car but this might give you inspiration. One of our members (made a replica Ferrari Dino from a Europa. Here are pictures found in the Main Gallery of the Gallery section of this site starting here: http://www.lotuseuropa.org/LotusForum/index.php?action=gallery;sa=view&id=141 (click on "Next Image"  under the picture to continue.

Something to aspire to, I think!

Offline Sparkrite

« Reply #3 on: Wednesday,June 02, 2021, 12:52:55 PM »
Yes,that is basically what I want to do but not with a dino body. Good idea to use the original lower body to simplify mounting to the chassis.