Author Topic: re: pic of clutch arm..STILL NEED HELP PLS  (Read 287 times)

Offline mike alain

• 5 years to build (with help)
re: pic of clutch arm..STILL NEED HELP PLS
« on: Tuesday,March 16, 2021, 11:36:18 AM »
FOLKS  yesterday I posted I need help,   well I pulled out trans just now,  all looks ok,  clutch plate/pressure plate,  the new clutch cable I bought from RD,  there is now way I can use
any of the threaded parts on this cable,  just too long,  maybe they sent me the wrong cable??    1969   s2   stock,  someone pls send me a pic,  I am so fed up and stuck and have this
thing  all apart and see nothing wrong..  see post yesterday for more inof.     pls need a pic . also stuck on what holds cable onto the  trans.  a clip???

Offline gideon

Re: re: pic of clutch arm..STILL NEED HELP PLS
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday,March 16, 2021, 12:44:15 PM »
The clutch cable sheath is held by the right hand engine mount.  There are a couple of pictures on this thread

http://www.lotuseuropa.org/LotusForum/index.php?topic=998.0

There's a special dohickey, which is called the "clutch cable abutment" in the parts manual, that screws onto the threaded end of the cable and holds against the clutch lever arm.  Item 7 in the parts manual diagram

http://lotus-europa.com/manuals/s2parts/q/index.htm

Offline mike alain

• 5 years to build (with help)
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday,March 17, 2021, 06:09:54 AM »
Thanks for pic,  that really helps me out,  as usually nothing goes perfect,  the dookicky  thing  #7,  I have, but will have to drill out to fit the threaded part of cable,  hole a
little too small,   do not know why, maybe because my car comes from europa, imported by a couple,  and a few things are different I guess,  so now I can put the trans back in and hope this works .   Mike.

Offline TurboFource

« Reply #3 on: Wednesday,March 17, 2021, 12:23:29 PM »
#7 is quite the dainty little piece.....
The more I do the more I find I need to do....

Offline GavinT

« Reply #4 on: Wednesday,March 17, 2021, 08:52:46 PM »
Thanks for pic,  that really helps me out,  as usually nothing goes perfect,  the dookicky  thing  #7,  I have, but will have to drill out to fit the threaded part of cable,  hole a
little too small,   do not know why, maybe because my car comes from europa, imported by a couple,  and a few things are different I guess,  so now I can put the trans back in and hope this works .   Mike.

I've seen it reported previously that the "clutch cable abutment" needed to be drilled out slightly.
Presumably it's the closest size now available for replacement cables.