Author Topic: Clutch Cable Routing  (Read 770 times)

Offline LeftAngle

• I don't say much, but when I do, I don't say much.
    • 0659R Photos
Clutch Cable Routing
« on: Tuesday,January 29, 2019, 01:31:44 AM »
I’ve put the cables from the throttle, choke and heater from the cabin back to their proper places.  The clutch cable is next, but I don’t remember how it was routed from the pedal assembly to the clutch.  The pedals are on the left and I seem to recall the cable runs straight back and exits the cabin at the point the center console, floor and the slope to the firewall meet.   I’ve completely covered the interior with sound deadening material and have re-worked the fiberglass on the engine side when I replaced the firewall.   If the original hole is still there, it’s well hidden.

Before I push a drill through the fiberglass, can anyone tell me exactly where the original hole is located?  The manual is a bit vague on that point.

Thanks,
Bruce
Yes, it's work...   No, I don't mind it.

Offline 2766R

Re: Clutch Cable Routing
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday,January 29, 2019, 02:20:29 AM »
Hi Bruce,

I just happen to have a picture from a few years ago showing the exit of the throttle and clutch cables from the cabin.  The aluminum plate was added by me to provide anchor points for a (6) point harness from back in the day when I autocrossed.  I've since re-installed the original belts but haven't as of yet removed said plate.  Hope this helps.  BTW, mine is a TCS, IIRC yours is based on a S2; should be the same, no?

Regards,
Gerry

Offline LeftAngle

• I don't say much, but when I do, I don't say much.
    • 0659R Photos
Re: Clutch Cable Routing
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday,January 29, 2019, 03:13:06 AM »
 :beerchug:  Thank you Gerry.  That’s exactly what I was looking for.   

I modified the area behind the seats on my S2 by creating “boxes” in the lower angled section on either side of the frame tunnel.    It opens up a space to the inside that’s wasted in front of the fuel tanks.  They require the seats to be slid forward to access but they’re able to store a surprising number of items.  I’ve removed the rear luggage box, so tools and jack will be in one.  Most likely wax, touch-up paint and other car show items will be in the other.   Everything in there will be hidden  from sight when the seats are pushed back.

There’s just enough space between the tunnel and where the box starts to run the cable.
Yes, it's work...   No, I don't mind it.