Author Topic: Seat Dilema  (Read 2985 times)

Offline EuropaTC

• LotusLand
Re: Seat Dilema
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday,May 11, 2016, 01:04:05 AM »
Elise S1 seats should work and be easy to get in and out of.  Thin and light, very low subframe, ideal for a kit car I would think. It wouldn't surprise me if some kit car supplier isn't making something very, very similar. 

The first shot shows the angle of the bulkhead which isn't too far off the Europa, then with the seats in place - the back follows the line of the lower bulkhead.

Offline buzzer

« Reply #16 on: Wednesday,May 11, 2016, 01:08:04 AM »
Brian,
Cheers those Elise seats do look like they would work well. I'll do a bit more research I think. They do need to be thin and low, even if its a case of enabling easier adjustment

Dave
Dave,

Other cars. Westfield SEiW. BMW E90 Alpina D3. BMW 325 E30 convertible and Range Rover CSK

Offline buzzer

« Reply #17 on: Wednesday,May 11, 2016, 01:13:56 AM »
Brian,

just looked on eBay there are loads of Elise seats. Hmm this has got be thinking, I think you are spot on they look like they will work really well.

Dave
Dave,

Other cars. Westfield SEiW. BMW E90 Alpina D3. BMW 325 E30 convertible and Range Rover CSK

Offline StrawberryCheesecake

« Reply #18 on: Wednesday,May 11, 2016, 03:15:38 PM »
I know someone who offered me some Elise S1 seats. Currently in an MX5. Might be able to arrange a trial fit. I'll chase him up.

Offline EuropaTC

• LotusLand
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday,May 11, 2016, 09:47:53 PM »
A word of warning.....    they are great for the first hour or so, after which you end up with a sore bum !

The cheapest plain cloth S1 seats were probably the best with good grip and better padding. After that, the early 111S (vvc engine model) seats had more padding, then the S2 became even better.  S1 Exige seats would look good in a trackday car.

All are very, very light. I've not measured but probably half the weight of the normal Europa seat and the subframes are next to nothing. Passenger side non-adjustable....   less weight !

Offline buzzer

« Reply #20 on: Thursday,May 12, 2016, 07:28:53 AM »
Mike,
That would be great to get a trial fit.

Dave
Dave,