Author Topic: Questions about Interior door panels/cards/sub-structure...  (Read 625 times)

Offline kerrywittig

Questions about Interior door panels/cards/sub-structure...
« on: Friday,May 13, 2016, 01:15:17 PM »
I have a 1970 S2 that came with NO interior door trim/cards/panels...I have searched for a pair, I have searched for photos, I have searched for drawings or dimensions.......no such luck.

Can anybody point me to a source, or drawings, or provide dimensions? 

Anyone in Western NY or Northern PA that might have a panel I can come and inspect/measure/photograph or I could leave a $1000 deposit to borrowa panel for a week to have on hand so I can duplicate/fabricate the structure?

I need of structure Me

Offline EuropaTC

• LotusLand
Re: Questions about Interior door panels/cards/sub-structure...
« Reply #1 on: Friday,May 13, 2016, 10:17:39 PM »
I don't ever recall seeing dimensioned drawings for the trim panels.

If I couldn't buy a fibreglass molding and was completely stuck I'd assemble the inner door handles and make a cardboard or thin aluminium template, transferring the points for the internal clips, handle opening, etc, and use that to lay up some GRP.   It's basically an inverted L shape with the horizontal top section tapering towards the front and should be simple although very time consuming make a pair.  The edge fixing clips and sockets for the door panel are still available and the vinyl will hide any ugly fabrication marks.

Brian