Author Topic: Door Switch Question  (Read 1631 times)

Offline LotusJoe

• Twink Driver
  • Administrator
  • Forum Administrator
    • LotusEuropa.org
Door Switch Question
« on: Tuesday,November 03, 2015, 12:29:54 PM »
On the late model Twin Cam Special there are 2 door switches on the drivers side. I know one switch is for the the courtesy light, but I am stumped on the purpose of the other switch. Any ideas?

Joe Irwin
3927R TC Special
(The Classic Barn Find)

Offline LotusJoe

• Twink Driver
  • Administrator
  • Forum Administrator
    • LotusEuropa.org
Re: Door Switch Question
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday,November 03, 2015, 01:00:18 PM »
Never mind. I have found the answer to my question. It is clear, I'm no longer able to read a wiring diagram  :-\
« Last Edit: Tuesday,November 03, 2015, 02:33:55 PM by LotusJoe »
Joe Irwin
3927R TC Special
(The Classic Barn Find)

Offline ezuskin

« Reply #2 on: Tuesday,November 03, 2015, 04:46:28 PM »
When I got my TC in 2000 one of the first gremlins was to deal with this faint buzzing sound that came and went. Took me awhile but I finally found that little can buzzer that was still responding to some partially disconnected seat belt, door open with key in warning system. Didn't figure it was protecting me from anything useful such as the valuable charcoal canister and the evaporative tank.
Eddie
Europa TC
1972 2068R

Offline EuropaTC

• LotusLand
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday,November 03, 2015, 10:54:13 PM »
When I got my TC in 2000 one of the first gremlins was to deal with this faint buzzing sound that came and went. Took me awhile but I finally found that little can buzzer that was still responding to some partially disconnected seat belt, door open with key in warning system. Didn't figure it was protecting me from anything useful such as the valuable charcoal canister and the evaporative tank.

:FUNNY: 

now that made me smile....

I didn't even think Lotus had heard of such complex electrical gimmickry, not to mention all the extra weight. I bet they got that one on the car whilst Colin was at lunch....

Offline jbcollier

« Reply #4 on: Wednesday,November 04, 2015, 06:05:23 AM »
Seatbelt buzzers were required in the US at the time.  For a brief period, you couldn't start the car unless your seatbelt was done up.

Offline BDA

« Reply #5 on: Wednesday,November 04, 2015, 09:16:29 AM »
That reminds me of a funny scene in a Paul Newman movie from that time (I think it was called "The Drowning Pool"). Paul rents a car and when he gets in, the car won't start and there's an annoying buzzer. He pulls the seat belt out but the retractor is jammed. He tries pulling it slowly, then yanking it, then pulling it slower and slower, then yanking it harder and harder causing a lot of frustration! He eventually buckles the seat belt the only way he can - without him in it - and sits on it. The car starts and he drives away. A really funny scene that was a dig at the new seat belt regulations.

Thankfully, disabling that nonsense in the Europa is easy. I think I still have the buzzers from my car. If anybody is interested in them, I'd be glad to part with them. Just PM me.  :FUNNY:

Offline 3929R

« Reply #6 on: Wednesday,November 04, 2015, 11:21:49 AM »
I reconnected that damned buzzer for nostalgia reasons. I guess it reminded me of my childhood.  I think I'm over it now and it's just annoying!  :BEER3:
Mark
Salt Lake City, Utah, USA