Author Topic: 3675R Restoration  (Read 33256 times)

Offline Bainford

• Twin Cam 3682R
Re: 3675R Restoration
« Reply #75 on: Monday,March 18, 2013, 06:17:48 AM »
Looking great Chris. Won't be long now  :pirate:
The Twin Cam plays the symphony whilst my right foot conducts the orchestra. At 3800 rpm the Mad Pipe Organ joins in.

Trevor

Offline 3929R

« Reply #76 on: Monday,March 18, 2013, 11:25:50 AM »
 :I-agree:  :coolpic:
Mark
Salt Lake City, Utah, USA

Offline TheKid#9

« Reply #77 on: Monday,March 18, 2013, 05:52:30 PM »
Thanks guys! We put the front hood on Sunday and it really made the car look Great! It's almost finished!! Once I get the suspension torqued and the windshield in, it can be driven, but of course their are other things to do first! I'll take a picture tomorrow and post it for you guys!

Offline TheKid#9

« Reply #78 on: Tuesday,March 19, 2013, 10:55:19 AM »
Hood is on!

Offline andy harwood

« Reply #79 on: Wednesday,March 20, 2013, 07:15:55 AM »
Chris,
That's a GREAT looking Europa!!
Really like the blue paint.
Doesn't that shade of blue have a US racing connection?
We're hoping to see your Europa in person at LOG33.
andy&mp

Offline TheKid#9

« Reply #80 on: Wednesday,March 20, 2013, 05:50:35 PM »
Chris,
That's a GREAT looking Europa!!
Really like the blue paint.
Doesn't that shade of blue have a US racing connection?
We're hoping to see your Europa in person at LOG33.
andy&mp

Thank you very much! Not sure if it has a racing connection or not, I don't think it does though... Oh and yes I will definitely be at the LOG this year! Hope to see many other Europa owners there too!

Offline andy harwood

« Reply #81 on: Sunday,March 24, 2013, 05:36:25 AM »
I was thinking Curacao Blue, can't find the racing reference now though.
But, I'm probably wrong - just ask my wife.

Offline TheKid#9

« Reply #82 on: Sunday,March 24, 2013, 09:38:22 PM »
I was thinking Curacao Blue, can't find the racing reference now though.
But, I'm probably wrong - just ask my wife.

The blue is called Flame Blue Metalic and it is off a 2011 ford truck. No racing reference but it looks great!

Offline TheKid#9

« Reply #83 on: Sunday,March 31, 2013, 04:45:46 PM »
Update from the past two weekends.

We put the windshield on with the chrome trim! We had some help of course, and you can see my M100 in the background! Got the other window motor in and its a little short too, however we know how to fix them! Interior is finished except putting drivers seat in and put our covers over the sun visors. We will be taking the car to our friend who has a lift to torque the suspension and can fix the windows so they will go up to the top next weekend we hope! We are getting one set of SS seat rails which should drop the seat down an inch, I hope so I can fit better. I fit fine with out the seat in it! haha

Just couple small stuff left to do than it should be finished! I hope to take it to Prom in 3 weeks, so the next few weekends it should be finished but might have a few things left to do that are very small, but when its completely finished I will tell you guys

Offline EuropaTC

• LotusLand
« Reply #84 on: Sunday,March 31, 2013, 11:10:46 PM »
It's amazing the difference a bit of sparkly trim makes, isn't it ?  Was the windscreen bonded into place first and then the trim applied after it had set, or was it all done in one stage ?  It's a long time since I did mine but your trim strip seems much more "chrome" than the roll I used.

The later photos showing the two cars side by side makes your dad's Elise look bloated and overweight......  ;)

Brian

Offline 3929R

« Reply #85 on: Monday,April 01, 2013, 08:19:34 AM »
She is looking gorgeous.   :coolpic:
Assuming you are doing prom the old school way, have you warned your date that she will need to get into and out of the Europa while wearing her prom dress... and that everyone will be watching her do this?  I hope your date is not too vein, because the car is going to steal everyone's attention away from her. 
Mark
Salt Lake City, Utah, USA

Offline TheKid#9

« Reply #86 on: Monday,April 01, 2013, 07:01:54 PM »
It's amazing the difference a bit of sparkly trim makes, isn't it ?  Was the windscreen bonded into place first and then the trim applied after it had set, or was it all done in one stage ?  It's a long time since I did mine but your trim strip seems much more "chrome" than the roll I used.

The later photos showing the two cars side by side makes your dad's Elise look bloated and overweight......  ;)

Brian

Yes a little bit of chrome trim and it really brings the car to life! Here is what my dad said to a guy from the LotusTalk forum who asked the same question-

"It came from Richard Banks. It is not exactly like the original, which is no longer made. It had to be trimmed and fitted into the corner pieces, as it is domed in shape and the plastic lip at the back had to be cut off. It had a lip that was formed to fit over the edge of the glass to hold it on, but of course the glass was too thick for it to fit properly. We basically cut the lip off that was to wrap around the bottom of the glass leaving a pretty much straight piece of plastic to guide it around the glass edge as it was inserted into the waiting gap. This trim piece was primed and inserted into the channel with some different adhesive (i think, didn't ask the guys), taped down and left to sit for a couple of days. It's not going anywhere but I hope we never have to remove the windshield! It may be that the S2 glass is a little thicker than the TC. (we bought the windshield separate as we didn't have one, and it came from an S2)"

She is looking gorgeous.   :coolpic:
Assuming you are doing prom the old school way, have you warned your date that she will need to get into and out of the Europa while wearing her prom dress... and that everyone will be watching her do this?  I hope your date is not too vein, because the car is going to steal everyone's attention away from her.

Thank you! Yes she knows I'm driving it and I've showed her the pictures, she hasn't seen it in person though nor have I told her it might be hard to get in and out... Might need to do that soon! haha She is very cute and everyone will be looking at her and me and the car!
I also just realized that I'm wearing JPS colors too! Shes wearing a gold dress and I'm wearing a Black Tux with Gold vest and gold bow tie! Going to Prom in a Europa wearing JPS colors!

Offline TheKid#9

« Reply #87 on: Friday,April 05, 2013, 09:47:17 PM »
I took it out for a small drive today! After I went around the block, it went to the shop to go get the whole suspension torqued and get some other small things fixed!
 :D :D :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8a8Fz2_H8g

Offline Mecky

• Lotus Europa Racing
« Reply #88 on: Saturday,April 06, 2013, 01:57:27 AM »
Did you already have a bigger roll out? I hope so. It's great to drive such a unique car on the street, while every other road user gets a stiff neck from turning around.

It's a great car for showing up at the prom. Everyone will look like this:  :huh:

Offline TheKid#9

« Reply #89 on: Sunday,April 07, 2013, 09:18:01 AM »
Did you already have a bigger roll out? I hope so. It's great to drive such a unique car on the street, while every other road user gets a stiff neck from turning around.

It's a great car for showing up at the prom. Everyone will look like this:  :huh:

Thanks! Driving it for the first time was incredible! Once it gets back from the shop, we will then have a proper drive! I can't wait!!