Author Topic: 3675R Restoration  (Read 33257 times)

Offline TheKid#9

Re: 3675R Restoration
« Reply #45 on: Wednesday,January 02, 2013, 02:14:14 PM »
Exciting. Are you in an area where you can reasonably drive a Europa in the winter?  Too much snow and salt around here....  Never mind, I see you are plenty far enough south.

Haha That's okay. Yeah TN doesn't get a lot of snow, however sometimes we do get a couple inches here and there. We did get some flurries the other day, but nothing like up north! We hope to finish it February just in time for Spring, which will be a great time to drive!!

Offline TheKid#9

« Reply #46 on: Saturday,January 05, 2013, 05:17:58 PM »
My dad and I have done a few things these past days. We finally got the crash pad fitted and we took it over to the upholstery shop today to get it covered. We also took a few other parts to them as well. We put some heat shield under the trunk, and fixed our handbrake micro switch the other day.

We are putting the felt and carpet in. Just test fitting it right now, hopefully tomorrow we will glue the felt in and put the carpet over it and secure it all down. We also put our World Championship Badges on and our VIN plates.

We will be starting the car up on the 14th!! Hope everything goes Great!

Offline LotusJoe

• Twink Driver
  • Administrator
  • Forum Administrator
    • LotusEuropa.org
« Reply #47 on: Saturday,January 05, 2013, 06:43:13 PM »
 :coolpic: Your car is looking great
Joe Irwin
3927R TC Special
(The Classic Barn Find)

Offline Bainford

• Twin Cam 3682R
« Reply #48 on: Monday,January 07, 2013, 07:22:27 AM »
You are making some remarkable progress here Chris. She's looking fabulous. Cheers.
The Twin Cam plays the symphony whilst my right foot conducts the orchestra. At 3800 rpm the Mad Pipe Organ joins in.

Trevor

Offline TheKid#9

« Reply #49 on: Monday,January 14, 2013, 02:49:02 PM »

Offline EuropaTC

• LotusLand
« Reply #50 on: Monday,January 14, 2013, 10:49:21 PM »
 :)

And it sounds good as well ! 

Brian

Offline LotusJoe

• Twink Driver
  • Administrator
  • Forum Administrator
    • LotusEuropa.org
« Reply #51 on: Tuesday,January 15, 2013, 11:58:16 AM »
Way to go guys!! Your almost there :pirate:
Joe Irwin
3927R TC Special
(The Classic Barn Find)

Offline TheKid#9

« Reply #52 on: Tuesday,January 15, 2013, 02:38:17 PM »
Thanks guys! We are very close to finishing the car, hopefully it will be finished by the end of Febuary. Just a few more things to do and she will be on the road!  :)

Offline cal44

« Reply #53 on: Wednesday,January 16, 2013, 03:51:27 PM »
It does sound good.  I know there is tons o' work being done.  Are you guys doing the wiring the suspension the brakes the the the............or......are you hiding a mechanic in the garage.  Cuz, someone doesn't just start restoring a car there has to be some experience there.  Inquiring minds.  Who built the engine?

Mike
"Be Polite, Be Professional, But have a plan to kill everyone you meet"
General "mad dog" James Mattis
United States Marines

Offline TheKid#9

« Reply #54 on: Wednesday,January 16, 2013, 08:48:08 PM »
It does sound good.  I know there is tons o' work being done.  Are you guys doing the wiring the suspension the brakes the the the............or......are you hiding a mechanic in the garage.  Cuz, someone doesn't just start restoring a car there has to be some experience there.  Inquiring minds.  Who built the engine?

Mike

Thanks! Yes we have done everything on this car, except the engine. When we bought it the engine was already rebuilt by the owner, frame was dipped and ready to go, and the body was finished. That's it! We rebuilt everything else! We didn't have doors, hoods, a windshield... We didn't really have anything. I have found every single part for the car! Some parts that are just very rare! I only need the chrome strips for the sills and seat belt buckles. I have one chrome strip but not the other, and I have the buckles but missing the Red Push Button... Other than that I have everything, oh and I don't have a front spoiler, but I can get that from Banks.
No mechanic in the back of our garage just me and my dad working on it every weekend together! I couldn't buy a drivable Europa since my parents said I needed more driving experience so I asked my dad if we could restore one, at first he said no! Your not getting a Lotus and that's final, but after awhile I convinced him. He said it must have a rebuilt motor and something that we could restore and would take a couple years so I could get driving experience. When I bought it, I was a sophomore and wanted to finish it by Senior year and we are on that track right now! Won't be long now before it is on the road heading for the LOG in August!  :D

Offline LotusJoe

• Twink Driver
  • Administrator
  • Forum Administrator
    • LotusEuropa.org
« Reply #55 on: Thursday,January 17, 2013, 06:54:52 PM »
With regards to seatbelts, I think maybe ones from a Porsche 914 might fit.  :confused:
« Last Edit: Friday,January 18, 2013, 12:25:26 AM by LotusJoe »
Joe Irwin
3927R TC Special
(The Classic Barn Find)

Offline TheKid#9

« Reply #56 on: Thursday,January 17, 2013, 08:44:22 PM »
Those do look similar... But not the same ones. I emailed the guy I bought the seat belts from and he said he knows he has the buttons, he just can't find them in the boxes of parts he has. He also is dealing with some other projects at the moment right now too, so I'm being patient. I was just wondering if anyone had some laying around just to get my project finished even faster!

He is a very nice guy and has a lot of knowledge of the Europa and other Lotus cars. He has helped me out a BUNCH! Hats off to him! I know he will find them and the other chrome strip too. I know he will come through, just got to give him some time.
Thanks

Offline LotusJoe

• Twink Driver
  • Administrator
  • Forum Administrator
    • LotusEuropa.org
« Reply #57 on: Friday,January 18, 2013, 12:40:11 AM »
You think these stickers could be trimmed to fit?
« Last Edit: Friday,January 18, 2013, 12:43:41 AM by LotusJoe »
Joe Irwin
3927R TC Special
(The Classic Barn Find)

Offline TheKid#9

« Reply #58 on: Friday,January 18, 2013, 08:57:56 PM »
They might work, my dad said he might be able to make one out of aluminum and put a sticker on it. We will see later though. We will be doing a lot of work on the car tomorrow!  :)

Offline TheKid#9

« Reply #59 on: Monday,January 28, 2013, 01:06:35 PM »
I just bought some Kangol press stickers on ebay for $5, and hopefully they will be the right size. My dad said he will make the buttons out if aluminum than we will put the stickers on them if they are the right ones. Hope it works!

My dad I worked all day yesterday on the Europa! We put in the headliner, the sending unit, and the rear window seal. The headliner looks great! Can't wait to finish up the rest of the interior! Took a long time to do, but we got it! The rear window seal took the longest though... Putting the window in won't be much fun, as we have read! Wish us luck!

Our sending unit is a S2 because we couldn't find a TC one, but my dad made it work! He bent the rod around to make it fit in the tank, than he made sure the gauge worked, and it did! Another thing we did was buy some material from our upholstery shop to make a cover to fit over the gear boot. Ours wasn't flat so we riveted the gear boot down, than covered it with material to make it flush. Looks good, and was much cheaper than covering the whole console.

We put in one of the door locks on the drivers side. However we can't get the inside door lock working correctly... We are also trying to figure out our brake pedal, still bleeding the brakes. Hope we can get all of the air pockets out of the lines next time we bleed them.

We will get some more things done next weekend!