Author Topic: Chronicles of a Community College Engine Rebuilding Class  (Read 5979 times)

Offline Grumblebuns

Re: Chronicles of a Community College Engine Rebuilding Class
« Reply #45 on: Tuesday,February 02, 2021, 09:14:47 AM »
I heard back from my engine guy and he states that he always used NPT plugs, so as you said, it gets curiouser and curiouser.

Someone has probably figured this out in the past, just have to find the info.

« Last Edit: Tuesday,February 02, 2021, 09:17:45 AM by Grumblebuns »

Offline Kendo

« Reply #46 on: Friday,February 25, 2022, 12:31:17 PM »
Grumblebuns, were you ever able to get this going again?

Offline Grumblebuns

« Reply #47 on: Saturday,February 26, 2022, 06:08:47 AM »
The project has been on a bit of a break due to a major remodel of my garage for final inspection. All inside work is done, and the new roof should be installed by end of next week (I was shocked by the cost of plywood decking). Currently,  I'm in the process of moving the cars and parts back in and doing a bit of cleaning reorganizing. I plan on resuming my engine rebuild within a week or so and continue the chronicling of the rebuild. It's been almost a year since my last post.

Joji Tokumoto

Offline Grumblebuns

« Reply #48 on: Sunday,July 28, 2024, 11:44:12 AM »
Unfortunately, this educational journey has come to an end. What was suppose to be a learning exercise in rebuilding my Europa TC engine while taking a community college engine rebuilding course came crashing down when the Coronavirus epidemic hit the world.mid semester. With classes suspended then finally having the semester canceled, I was stuck with a disassembled engine trying to figure out what to do next. Obviously my initial intent was to complete the reassembly myself using Miles Wilkens Lotus Twin Cam Engine book as primary reference but life got in the way and the engine rebuild got pushed further down back down the pipeline. Two and a half years later with very little progress made, I made the decision to bring the disassembled engine parts to a long time experienced Lotus engine builder and have him assemble my engine. I picked up the engine yesterday and hope to start working on re-installing the engine into my TCS in a couple of weeks. I managed to locate my restoration post for 3923R which hasn’t been updated since 2013 and will post updates.

https://www.lotuseuropa.org/LotusForum/index.php?topic=416.0

Joji Tokumoto

Offline BDA

« Reply #49 on: Sunday,July 28, 2024, 02:17:27 PM »
That’s a bummer, Joji! I’m sorry to hear that! It would have been nice to have the pride of doing it yourself and have that extra intimate knowledge of your car, but you should be comforted by the fact that it was done professionally.

Good luck with the rest of your restoration!