Lotus Europa Forums > Random Europa Sightings

Saw this on FB

<< < (12/13) > >>

BDA:
VERY nicely done!!

Bainford:
WOW! That's quite a set up. And I believe shoehorned is the right term; note the limited clearance between the cam sprockets and the bulkhead.

cwtech:
Is there no bellhousing on that Cosworth install?

Is that the flywheel & pressure plate I'm seeing?

Certified Lotus:
You would be correct there is no bell housing. Amazing. Personally I'm not impressed with the install. Too crowded and not practical. But to each his own.

I do wonder how much HP this engine creates with it being turbo charged and what kind of power delivery it has (linear or big rush at a certain rpm).

Also looks like there has been some fiberglass melting due to heat from the exhaust manifold. Good luck with that........

BDA:
I agree. I made sure I kept my trunk tray on my car. I don't think there's any way he could have kept his trunk tray even if he wanted to so given what he was trying to do, I think he did a nice job. I hadn't noticed that he didn't have a bell housing. That's an interesting feature. I'm not sure I would have done that - I don't like the idea of having the clutch and throw out bearing unprotected but it must have been an interesting problem to solve.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version