Author Topic: Ahh...Spring is near!  (Read 2086 times)

Offline Lou Drozdowski

• Type 74 TCS 3307R
Ahh...Spring is near!
« on: Friday,February 21, 2020, 04:23:12 PM »
The days are getting longer, they are predicting 55f for Sunday and my right foot itches. Time for some apexes!

Is yours roadworthy?...post a recent picture
« Last Edit: Friday,February 21, 2020, 04:25:11 PM by Lou Drozdowski »

Offline BDA

Re: Ahh...Spring is near!
« Reply #1 on: Friday,February 21, 2020, 05:21:43 PM »
I'm pretty much ready. I was supposed to go on a drive put on by the local Alfa club to a distillery in southern Virginia but we have snow on the ground so it was postponed. Last weekend, me and some of my MG club buddies entered our cars in a show car/hot rod/classic car show (non competitive). On the way home we were videoed by a friend of a friend who sent the video of my car to me.(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfSg_94DJ0o).

Offline dakazman

« Reply #2 on: Friday,February 21, 2020, 06:43:29 PM »
  Okay Lou , how did you pull off that plate ? I love it! Does Pennsylvania require 2 plates?
Dakazman

Offline Clifton

« Reply #3 on: Friday,February 21, 2020, 06:47:40 PM »
In Arizona, winter is the fun season and Autocross. I have two more months until it the 100's start rolling in and the fun ends.

BDA,  The video is too short but your wheels fill in nicely and the stance looks great. Any side shot pics?

Offline BDA

« Reply #4 on: Friday,February 21, 2020, 06:53:17 PM »
Thanks Clifton! I'll take some tomorrow afternoon and post them

Offline Arizona

« Reply #5 on: Friday,February 21, 2020, 07:54:33 PM »
In Arizona, winter is the fun season and Autocross. I have two more months until it the 100's start rolling in and the fun ends.
Well up here at 7,000' in Flagstaff I have two (or more ) months until the snow melts so my fun will be starting about the time yours ends. Enjoy.
George F. Johnson

Offline Certified Lotus

« Reply #6 on: Friday,February 21, 2020, 08:39:06 PM »
Can’t wait for warmer weather!

Offline Lou Drozdowski

• Type 74 TCS 3307R
« Reply #7 on: Friday,February 21, 2020, 10:28:47 PM »
  Okay Lou , how did you pull off that plate ? I love it! Does Pennsylvania require 2 plates?
Dakazman

https://www.licenseplates.tv/

dakazman...Vanity plate, still need the antique plate, it's under the seat and placed behind the drivers head rest when needed...ld

Offline dakazman

« Reply #8 on: Saturday,February 22, 2020, 02:35:25 AM »
   Thanks Lou, for the link.
 Someday soon I hope to add a story.

BDA,
Love the video! , it’s nice to see one moving and not being pushed.  :FUNNY:  I gave it a thumbs up.

Dakazman

Offline Clifton

« Reply #9 on: Saturday,February 22, 2020, 04:34:39 AM »
Well up here at 7,000' in Flagstaff I have two (or more ) months until the snow melts so my fun will be starting about the time yours ends. Enjoy.

Flagstaff is beautiful in the summer. I need to make it up there when it's too hot down here. I know they have a car show next door in Williams in the summer.

Offline surfguitar58

« Reply #10 on: Saturday,February 22, 2020, 05:11:26 AM »
Alas, my car is buried behind someone else's Porsche 356 and a Bentley in a storage garage and wont be available until actual spring. Been dreaming of driving and planning my spring maintenance and a few upgrades.

BDA, nice to see what a proper Cirus White paint job looks like! Mine looks good from 10+ feet, but has a few stress cracks and acne up close. Is the louvered vent to the left of your license plate for an oil cooler? Also, the video shows fuel fill on the sail, like a type 47, yet you have the 2 fills on the rear deck too. I think we'd all like to see more pics of your car, including that throbbing BDA under the hood.

Tom
"A designer knows he has achieved perfection not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away."
Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Offline surfguitar58

« Reply #11 on: Saturday,February 22, 2020, 05:15:25 AM »
Lou, what tires are those?
Tom
"A designer knows he has achieved perfection not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away."
Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Offline BDA

« Reply #12 on: Saturday,February 22, 2020, 06:32:31 AM »
Thanks everybody for the kind words! There  are more pictures (starting here: http://www.lotuseuropa.org/LotusForum/index.php?action=gallery;sa=view;pic=16) in the gallery and Clifton asked for a side shot so this afternoon, I'll take some and post them.

My car is not Cirus White but rather whatever GM called the white fo Corvettes in 1995. When I went to get my car painted, I didn't realize that the shop could make sense of the Lotus paint code and I may not have even known what the code was. I saw a pretty white '95 Corvette and asked them to paint it that color.

The fuel fillers are stock TCS units in the stock location. The louvers on the left are indeed for an oil cooler but it turns out that is a bad place to put it so don't copy me on that!

If you click on my name in that video, you can see the only other video I've ever posted which is of my motor idling and a few shots from the accelerator. That video got me my first (and only?) follower!
« Last Edit: Saturday,February 22, 2020, 11:06:47 AM by BDA »

Offline Lou Drozdowski

• Type 74 TCS 3307R
« Reply #13 on: Saturday,February 22, 2020, 07:54:26 AM »
Lou, what tires are those?
Tom

Tom...I run 185/60/13 Nexen front, 205/60 Dunlop Sport GT rear for daily diving. For those special days the spare set of gummies are Yokohama Advan 048's medium compound mounted on vintage Formula libre Shelby mags which are from the 70's.

Offline Certified Lotus

« Reply #14 on: Sunday,February 23, 2020, 09:26:17 AM »
It’s sunny and 52 degrees F today in Princeton. Had to take my son to the train station and decided to fire up the Europa. Splendid day for a drive!