Lotus Europa Forums > FS / WTB: Cars and Rollers

Twin Cam for auction .

(1/3) > >>

Nicktheplumber:
I'm going to a classic car auction on Friday to bid for a car for someone  , whilst looking through the catalogue  I saw this :

https://www.swva.co.uk/classic-car/lotus-europa-twin-cam-1972/

Sadly I don't have the money or space and with one already in the ‘To Do List’ , thought I’d share ....

I’ve no interest in the sale of this or connection with the vendor .

4129R:
Please let us all know how much it fetches.

My guess, it is worth around £27,500.

EuropaTC:
That is a nice looking car, someone has spent a lot of time cleaning up the engine bay. I'd also be interested in what it fetches, I'll keep a look out in the next issue of Classic car for their auction round-up results.

4129R:
I have been cleaning up the engine bay of 4129R.

I used a garden weedkiller type spray which you hand pump to pressurise. It takes about 5 litres.

I put paraffin into the container, and sprayed the whole bay, left it for an hour, then washed it down with a high pressure hose.

It got rid of all the oil and mud.

Paraffin is twice the price of petrol, but unlikely to set fire to your prized car, and is available from garden centres, as they use it for paraffin greenhouse heaters. £10.99 for 4 litres.

Nicktheplumber:
The auction was interesting , the Europa was bid up to nineteen thousand but the hammer didn't fall , didn't meet the reserve .
In the flesh (fibreglass) it was far rougher than the pictures showed , the interior had certainly suffered a DIY trimmer which made me doubt the rest of the car . There was a magazine  article from earlier this year showing the owner proudly showing the finished product after an eleven year period . Why would anyone sell their pride and joy after all that time , wouldn't you at least enjoy it for a while .

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version