Author Topic: 40th birthday celebration cars and coffee  (Read 2186 times)

Offline 4380r

40th birthday celebration cars and coffee
« on: Sunday,March 02, 2014, 01:35:48 PM »
For folks in the MD/DC/NOVA areas:

My letter of provenance from Lotus indicates my car 'left the factory' on March 27, 1974...its 40th birthday is coming!

To celebrate I'm trying to put together an impromptu Lotus only cars and coffee for Sunday, March 30 in the parking area by the Caribou Coffee at the Waugh Chapel Shopping Center in Gambrills, Maryland. 7 am to mid morning or so. The shopping center is at the corner of Rt3 and Waugh Chapel Road in Gambrills. It's about equi-distance between Annapolis, Baltimore, DC, Gaithersburg/Rockville.

Weather permitting there may be a few Elise/Exige/Evora, and that's great, but would love to see some vintage Lotus.

If you think you can make it, best to let me know so I can alert shopping center management if it looks like a good turnout.

Offline 4380r

Re: 40th birthday celebration cars and coffee
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday,March 11, 2014, 09:26:49 AM »
Well, I'm bumping this, but being as nobody has posted in this segment of the forum since I posted this, it may be a moot point.

If you think you can join us for this informal cars/coffee Lotus birthday celebration, let me know. It could be just me and one other person, but I've also got several 'maybes' and it will be in the DC Chapter Lotus Ltd newsletter soon.

If it looks like we will have several cars, I just want to be able to give shopping center management a heads up.

For folks in the MD/DC/NOVA areas:

My letter of provenance from Lotus indicates my car 'left the factory' on March 27, 1974...its 40th birthday is coming!

To celebrate I'm trying to put together an impromptu Lotus only cars and coffee for Sunday, March 30 in the parking area by the Caribou Coffee at the Waugh Chapel Shopping Center in Gambrills, Maryland. 7 am to mid morning or so. The shopping center is at the corner of Rt3 and Waugh Chapel Road in Gambrills. It's about equi-distance between Annapolis, Baltimore, DC, Gaithersburg/Rockville.

Weather permitting there may be a few Elise/Exige/Evora, and that's great, but would love to see some vintage Lotus.

If you think you can make it, best to let me know so I can alert shopping center management if it looks like a good turnout.

Offline 4380r

« Reply #2 on: Sunday,March 23, 2014, 07:20:40 AM »
Bumping: Would really like to meet some of the forum members who live in the area.

If you're considering coming, please let me know. It could easily be just me and my car, or a big turnout. If it's going to be more than a few cars, I'd like to give shopping center management a heads up.

tlbrace2008@yahoo.com

Offline 3929R

« Reply #3 on: Monday,March 24, 2014, 08:43:26 AM »
Wish I were closer.
Mark
Salt Lake City, Utah, USA

Offline Bainford

• Twin Cam 3682R
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday,March 25, 2014, 06:39:45 AM »
Yeah, me too. I'm always on the look out for an excuse for a road trip, but my personal planets are not well aligned ot the moment. I hope you get a decent turn out. Cheers.
The Twin Cam plays the symphony whilst my right foot conducts the orchestra. At 3800 rpm the Mad Pipe Organ joins in.

Trevor

Offline 4380r

« Reply #5 on: Tuesday,March 25, 2014, 04:05:40 PM »
Thanks, gentlemen. Lots of 'maybes' so we'll see. Heck, it snowed here all day today, so in spite of a nice forecast for Sunday, this winter folks are not counting on weather being good one day to the next.

Hey, if you left now...

Offline 4380r

CANCELLED: 40th birthday celebration cars and coffee
« Reply #6 on: Friday,March 28, 2014, 04:44:56 AM »
Each day that goes by the prospects of rain Sunday, or all weekend for that matter increases. As of this morning chance of rain Sunday is now up to 90%.

Soooo..the cars and coffee for Brit cars scheduled for Sunday morning, 3/30 is cancelled.