Author Topic: New to community and Europas  (Read 1921 times)

Offline Jonathan1350

New to community and Europas
« on: Tuesday,June 14, 2016, 02:46:02 AM »
Hi  I have recently bought a Europa JPS and got her on the road this June 2016,  She has been off the road since 1987/88. Is there a definitive list of the JPS registered?  All I can find out is that mine was between 85 & 95 possibly 87 according to the old scribblings and letters that came with her.

Offline buzzer

Re: New to community and Europas
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday,June 14, 2016, 03:07:36 AM »
Welcome on board. Another UK Europa on the road  :trophy:.
As far as JPS info is concerned I don't think there is a definitive list.  may be worth contacting Lotus,  "lotusarchive" is on the forum and posted questions on pulling a list together, see the attached post if the link works

http://www.lotuseuropa.org/LotusForum/index.php?topic=1448.0

Dave
Dave,

Other cars. Westfield SEiW. BMW E90 Alpina D3. BMW 325 E30 convertible and Range Rover CSK

Offline BDA

« Reply #2 on: Tuesday,June 14, 2016, 05:35:00 AM »
 :Welcome: Jonathan and congratulations on getting your car back on the road! :beerchug:

Buzzer mentioned Andy, the Lotus archivist. Dave Bean (davebean.com) used to keep a registry and there's another one at lotus-europa.com in case you want to find and/or enter your car there. Something else you might be interested in is the knowledgebase at lotus-europa.com. It's a key word searchable database of many of the posts at the lotuseuropa yahoo group. Several years ago, there was a lengthy discussion about JPSs you might find interesting.

What are your plans for your car? Are you planning any mods? I'd love to see some pictures!

Offline Bainford

• Twin Cam 3682R
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday,June 14, 2016, 08:42:20 AM »
Welcome to the forum, Jonathan. It's very exciting to hear of another Europa back on the road, and a JPS to boot. Looking forward to seeing some photos when you get the time to post. Cheers. :beerchug:
The Twin Cam plays the symphony whilst my right foot conducts the orchestra. At 3800 rpm the Mad Pipe Organ joins in.

Trevor

Offline 4129R

• Location: Norfolk, United Kingdom, not far from Hethel the home of Lotus.
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday,June 14, 2016, 09:11:04 AM »
Welcome aboard.

What is the chassis number of the car?

73??????P

Alex in Norfolk

Offline 3929R

« Reply #5 on: Wednesday,June 15, 2016, 10:40:15 AM »
 :Welcome:
 :ttiwwp:
 :beerchug:
Mark
Salt Lake City, Utah, USA

Offline Jonathan1350

« Reply #6 on: Sunday,June 19, 2016, 02:46:41 AM »
Hi  I have recently bought a Europa JPS and got her on the road this June 2016,  She has been off the road since 1987/88. Is there a definitive list of the JPS registered?  All I can find out is that mine was between 85 & 95 possibly 87 according to the old scribblings and letters that came with her.

Offline EuropaTC

• LotusLand
« Reply #7 on: Sunday,June 19, 2016, 08:45:55 AM »
Very nice, black really does suit these cars.  With yours being off the road for so long, was there a lot to do in getting it back in service or was it fairly straightforward ?

Brian

Offline BDA

« Reply #8 on: Sunday,June 19, 2016, 09:09:27 AM »
Very nice! I noticed some small changes in the engine compartment. I would guess it's very stock. Are you planning on keeping it stock?

Offline Grumblebuns

« Reply #9 on: Sunday,June 19, 2016, 09:20:03 AM »
I was a former owner of JPS 188 and as far as I know, the only way of verifying that you have a true JPS is having a black round plastic plaque or roundel attached to the dash with the JPS number embossed in it. Some had a JPS decal on the rear sail area, some did not. There were no other special stampings on the VIN plate or chassis on my Europa designating that the Europa was a JPS except for the dash plaque.

I remember someone trying to start up a JPS registry years ago. Don't know what came of it.   

Offline BDA

« Reply #10 on: Sunday,June 19, 2016, 10:06:26 AM »
There was a lengthy conversation on JPS Europas on the Yahoo group several years ago. If you're not a member already, it's free to join and you can search old posts. I think there was a discussion about the JPS here, also. I thought there was also some information about JPS Europas at lotus-europa.com but I wasn't able to find it right away.

Joji is right that the JPS was denoted by the dash plaque. The sticker on the B-pillar was occasionally applied to non-JPS Europas at the dealer. I had thought that they were always applied to JPSs, but I am obviously mistaken. r.d. enterprises used to have them if you want them for your car. Ray made copies from a sticker I had gotten from the distributor in New Orleans when my car was 'new'. Unfortunately, from what I heard,they didn't sell well.