Lotus Europa Forums > Members Cars

460384 S1a

<< < (5/6) > >>

460384:
Mark,

You will need to do a body off restoration on this car. I think restore it back to original will be the best plan. I hope you did not buy the S1 to go fast. It is a cool car to drive and look at. In 10 years, a nice S1 will be hard to find. I will follow you on this forum.  Tom/Colorado.

lotusfanatic:
Hi Tom,

rest assured, although I may opt to improve the performance, I will chose options that do not detract from the looks externally and are reversible.

I will be retaining the pure looks of the original car, which is why I searched for an S1 (I won't add extended wheel arches / cooling vents / or paint it in a later model colour etc)

As an example, I've managed to source a pair of very rare original removable windows as I intend to keep it as it left the factory  :)

However, removing the chassis will be the first task... 

regards,

Mark 

460384:
Hi Mark, Are you making process on 460384? Tom

lotusfanatic:

--- Quote from: 460384 on Monday,October 30, 2017, 06:03:11 PM ---Hi Mark, Are you making process on 460384? Tom

--- End quote ---

Hi Tom,

no progress made yet as I’m still finishing off the garage/workshop in which it will live - but I have recently brought it closer to home as it was stored a fair distance from me.
I’ve collected a front bumper (still need a rear one and an engine cover)
How are you keeping Tom?

Mark

460384:
Mark, Any update on your S1? Let us know if you are making progress on the car.  Tom

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version