Lotus Europa Forums > Members Cars

The start of a long journey

<< < (2/7) > >>

Bainford:
 :Welcome: Welcome to the forum, Nigel. Good luck with your project. Your support group awaits. Cheers  :beerchug:

nigelc:
Thanks for the welcome and the comments all.
I am bracing my bank account for the first of many hammerings and am off to the Lotus festival at Brands Hatch this weekend to pick up some parts.  Then next weekend the cutting commences.... backwards to go forwards n all that ..

buzzer:
Welcome to the forum great to have another UK member.
In my experience of picking Europa parts up at autojumbles is woefully poor. Even at beaulieu this coming  weekend there won't be may Europa only bits, in fact none last year I could find.
Have fun and this forum is a good start on any info or help , there are some very knowledgeable guys on here.
I started off with a headache too. But looks like yours might be even more of one than mine!

Dave

PS did you find any parts this weekend?

nigelc:
Hi Dave

The Brands visit was worthwhile .. made a couple of contacts , and there was one stall up there with a lot of used parts .. mainly Elan , but a few Europa bits , and sounds like they have a lot of what i may need back at there workshop.. so useful number for later in the project.   I will say though that the "Trade Village" was more of a "Trade Village hall"  literally 4 or 5 stalls , and only one of those really catering for the non elise market .. As you say .. slim auto jumble pickings for the Europa even at a lotus focused event

some good racing though

Steve_Lindford:
Brave to take on a project like that!

I managed to get a rear bumper from Beaulieu in almost perfect condition. There were a few front bumpers around too but I don't need one...

Steve

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version