Author Topic: LOG 37  (Read 5840 times)

Offline EuropaTC

• LotusLand
Re: LOG 37
« Reply #15 on: Saturday,May 13, 2017, 10:41:03 PM »
Now this one is probably a little too far for me  ( ;)  ) but I'm expecting lots of photos on Monday morning.......   and maybe a Youtube video ?

Brian

Offline BDA

« Reply #16 on: Sunday,May 14, 2017, 05:34:21 AM »
I'm a terrible picture taker but I'll make an extra effort to get some good pictures!

Offline tedtaylor

• TaylorMadeClassicCars
« Reply #17 on: Sunday,May 14, 2017, 05:59:10 AM »
BDA - no, we're doing Rt 81 to Knoxville, then through Chattanooga, then Birmingham totally avoiding Atlanta area altogether.
TED
"Driving a Lotus is a triumph of bravery over intelligence." Stirling Moss

'13 Evora S
owned nearly 50 Lotus cars over the years!
TaylorMadeClassicCars on WWW and Facebook

Offline BDA

« Reply #18 on: Sunday,May 14, 2017, 06:27:10 AM »
That's a much prettier route. It's about an hour longer for us but not out of the question. I'll talk with my buddy and see if we'll take the scenic route with you all.

Offline Certified Lotus

« Reply #19 on: Monday,May 22, 2017, 04:16:38 AM »
One of the great aspects of a LOG is meeting the people you have been communicating with on a Lotus related web site.  Well, I finally got to personally meet BDA and his fabulous BDA Europa! Great to meet you Jim! 

Some photo's from LOG37:

Offline Certified Lotus

« Reply #20 on: Monday,May 22, 2017, 04:21:52 AM »
A few photo's from the Saturday morning LOG37 concours at Barber Motorsports:

« Last Edit: Monday,May 22, 2017, 04:32:54 AM by Certified Lotus »

Offline Certified Lotus

« Reply #21 on: Monday,May 22, 2017, 04:28:55 AM »
If you have never been to the Barber Museum, you are in for a real treat!  The largest personal collection of Lotus cars in the world.  It's a bit over whelming and you could easily spend days at the museum looking at every detail for the various Lotus race cars on display.  Not to mention the motorcycle collection which is even larger......

Offline Certified Lotus

« Reply #22 on: Monday,May 22, 2017, 04:31:33 AM »
Some Lotus' at the track for the Historic Races on Saturday:

Offline EuropaTC

• LotusLand
« Reply #23 on: Monday,May 22, 2017, 09:39:06 AM »
Excellent shots, and what an impressive turn out. The Club Lotus event at Donnington used to be the biggest assembly of cars that I can recall, but I'm not sure there were as many  driven to the event as looks the case over there.

so when's the movie coming ?    :)

Brian

Offline BDA

« Reply #24 on: Monday,May 22, 2017, 03:52:28 PM »
Glen, it was a real pleasure to finally meet you! Hopefully we can meet at another LOG but this time with your Europa! Being a perennial 3rd place winner in the "casual concours", that would men you would probably bump me out of the top three! I met one other Forum member - TheKid#9. Unfortunately, he didn't bring his Europa to this LOG.

It was a great event - again! I wish I had gone to the paddock. I had no idea there would be such interesting stuff there! Of course, we went to the museum which is, of course, a good use of time also!

I have a bunch of pictures I'm going to post. I'll see if John can open a new gallery.

Offline BDA

« Reply #25 on: Tuesday,May 23, 2017, 07:43:53 AM »
I posted some pictures I took of the Loti where we all were together.

This is where all the cars are collected for the casual concours and the panoramic picture. The casual concours is where all the participants vote on their favorite car in each of several classes (e.g. Europa S2 is a different class than Europa TC). I don't normally know who placed in the casual concours because they only announce the owner's names when they were awarded. This time the second place TC owner sat at the same banquet table with us and the first place TC owner rode back from the Space and Rocket Center with us. I think I counted seven street Europas. The missing one belongs to my buddy who caravaned with me. His was in pretty rough shape.

I have a lot more pictures of the museum and the Space and Rocket Center. I'll try to post them later.

I've been to four LOGs and they've all been great! Meeting other loons (not counting the members of LOONY - Lotus Owners Of New York) is always fun and seeing the cars is a special treat. Meeting Glen (Certified Lotus) and Chris (TheKid#9) made it that more memorable! Hopefully we can get more members at future LOGs.

Offline Bainford

• Twin Cam 3682R
« Reply #26 on: Tuesday,May 23, 2017, 10:42:18 AM »
Sounds fantastic, and thanks to you both for the photos. I really wanted to do this LOG and #35 as well, but it just wasn't in the cards. In a couple years I do hope to take in another one (I went to LOG 33). In the mean time I shall peruse the photos and plan for next one I can manage to do. Cheers.
The Twin Cam plays the symphony whilst my right foot conducts the orchestra. At 3800 rpm the Mad Pipe Organ joins in.

Trevor

Offline BDA

« Reply #27 on: Tuesday,May 23, 2017, 01:41:00 PM »
I posted a progression of Lotus race cars on display at Barber (hopefully they're in order) in the LOG-37 Gallery.

Offline TheKid#9

« Reply #28 on: Tuesday,May 23, 2017, 04:43:28 PM »
Great pictures Glen! I had no idea we could go tot he paddock too. I went through the museum, which was awesome! I've been before but this time I was able to go to the lower part in the basement which was nice.

I brought my dads Elise this year which was nice. The Europa probably would've made it without any problems but man was I glad I had A/C it was hot out there. Next LOG is in Cleveland, Ohio and I'm sure I'll be able to make that but we'll see, its a ways away.

:lotus:

Offline BDA

« Reply #29 on: Tuesday,May 23, 2017, 07:51:09 PM »
For those unfamiliar with the new Gallery feature, the LOG37 pictures I've posted are here: http://www.lotuseuropa.org/LotusForum/index.php?action=gallery;cat=2