Author Topic: Some Questions  (Read 1477 times)

Offline TheKid#9

Some Questions
« on: Sunday,August 05, 2012, 06:12:30 PM »
I have Some questions to ask everybody.

1. I have 2 sets of tail light housings, one set with 3 bulbs, than one set with only 2 bulbs. Which one do I use? I have a TCS.

2.What Oil fliter do you guys have? Can you provide me a number or brands?

3. Size and thread of set screw to hold the speedo cable to transmission?

I think that is it for right  now. Thanks Chris

Offline BDA

Re: Some Questions
« Reply #1 on: Sunday,August 05, 2012, 08:47:35 PM »
Hey Kid,

Unfortunately, the only question I can answer is #1. Your car uses the 2 bulb red/white tail lights. The 3 bulb red/white/yellow belong to the Elan. You can use the 3 bulb unit in your TCS, but you'll have to separate the brake and turn signal signals so that the brake goes to read and turn goes to yellow. It's been so long and I can't remember how I did it, but as I remember it was pretty easy. I remember bypassing the relay box (that sits behind the dash on the driver's side). I'm sorry, I don't remember the details any more, but I bet if you stare at the wiring diagram a little while you'll figure it out!  :)

I'll see if I can see if I made any notes on that or if I remember and if so, I'll post here.

Good luck!

Offline EuropaTC

• LotusLand
« Reply #2 on: Monday,August 06, 2012, 08:57:13 AM »
Hi Chris,

On my 352 gearbox the bolt you're on about is a metric one, M6x1.0. (10mm spanner) It's about 30mm long, just over an inch although it's not threaded all the way so I guess a 25mm one would do fine.

Oil filters I can't help you with because I guess any part numbers I have will be completely different over this side of the pond. The one in the spares cupboard is a Fram filter, FB2099 and they were fitted to lot's of 60s & 70s Fords, Rover, Opel and Vauxhall cars. Nothing special, very common over here even now.

Brian

Offline TheKid#9

« Reply #3 on: Monday,August 06, 2012, 09:04:40 AM »
Alright thanks guys!
« Last Edit: Monday,August 06, 2012, 09:25:37 AM by TheKid#9 »

Offline Bainford

• Twin Cam 3682R
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday,August 07, 2012, 08:54:31 AM »
Hi Chris. For the oil filter I use the Fram Tough Guard TG3600. Any of the Fram 3600 filters will work (Tough Guard, Extra Guard, and whatever the third series is). The TG3600 has an anti drain back valve and a by-pass valve which are two features I look for in an oil filter. The TG3600 is also a full length filter. I have seen some some filters for the Ford 1600 (the engine block on which the Lotus Twin Cam is based, and is the engine for which the TG3600 is intended) which are shorty filters. Avoid these and go for the full size filter only. If you prefer a different brand of filter, go to your nearest auto parts store and they will have a cross reference chart which will tell you which filters are compatible with the Fram TG3600. Cheers.
The Twin Cam plays the symphony whilst my right foot conducts the orchestra. At 3800 rpm the Mad Pipe Organ joins in.

Trevor

Offline TheKid#9

« Reply #5 on: Tuesday,August 07, 2012, 10:39:00 PM »
Thanks Bainford! If I have any more question I'll ask you guys!

Thanks