Author Topic: Part addiction  (Read 1435 times)

Offline cal44

Part addiction
« on: Sunday,August 12, 2012, 09:15:38 AM »
"Hi........my name is Mike.........and I have a parts addiction".  (Background noise foot shuffling /greeting  "hello Mike").
"Like many of you, it started out with small things,  a dime bag of parts here, an extra shock there.  Then I started needing more,  soon it was all I could think of".

I cannot seem to stop buying spare parts I don't need........yesterday I picked up yet four more TC aluminum wheels. 

If there is a Betty Ford for drugs and drink...................how about a Henry Ford for parts addiction?

Mike
"Be Polite, Be Professional, But have a plan to kill everyone you meet"
General "mad dog" James Mattis
United States Marines

Offline EuropaTC

• LotusLand
Re: Part addiction
« Reply #1 on: Sunday,August 12, 2012, 09:32:05 AM »
You want to see my workshop Mike, there's so much stuff that when we moved house back in 2005 I was finding stuff I didn't even realise I had....

(but now, with a bigger workshop it's all in cupboards/shelves and even some cupboards are labelled !!!)

Offline Bainford

• Twin Cam 3682R
« Reply #2 on: Monday,August 13, 2012, 06:30:02 AM »
I think I may be suffering from the same affliction. As I pour through parts catalogs or ebay I find myself trying to justify the purchase of parts that I don't need. I'm not a man of money either, and perhaps it's just as well. Otherwise I'd have a garage filled with enough spare parts to build another car. I need a throttle cable and tie rod ends for my car so I spent a couple of quality evenings this weekend in the garage snuggled up with the Dave Bean catalog. The list is currently 14 items and growing. I love the Dave Bean catalog but I think it was created by the devil  >:D
The Twin Cam plays the symphony whilst my right foot conducts the orchestra. At 3800 rpm the Mad Pipe Organ joins in.

Trevor

Offline 3929R

« Reply #3 on: Monday,August 13, 2012, 02:28:00 PM »
...I spent a couple of quality evenings this weekend in the garage snuggled up with the Dave Bean catalog...
  So your Bean catalog is not on your nightstand?  Really? 
Mark
Salt Lake City, Utah, USA

Offline cal44

« Reply #4 on: Monday,August 13, 2012, 06:18:02 PM »
I've got R.D Enterprises on speed dial...............help me..............
"Be Polite, Be Professional, But have a plan to kill everyone you meet"
General "mad dog" James Mattis
United States Marines