Author Topic: Limbo Contest  (Read 1179 times)

Offline 3929R

Limbo Contest
« on: Sunday,October 16, 2016, 08:43:12 PM »
I've read articles that lament about a diminishing U.S. car culture. The authors obviously haven't been to a car show that caters to lowered cars. Today I drove to Scrapefest. It was packed with a young crowd that was excited and enthusiastic about the Europa. The main reason I went was to enter the car limbo contest. Not too surprisingly the Europa's roof was lower than any of the lowered cars and won. It was great fun driving very slowly through a throng of cheering spectators. If you have similar events near you, I highly recommend it!

P.S., The last photo shows my Harbor Freight "lowering kit," which was only used in the show's parking lot at speeds below 5 mph.  ;)
Mark
Salt Lake City, Utah, USA

Offline Arizona

Re: Limbo Contest
« Reply #1 on: Sunday,October 16, 2016, 09:04:04 PM »
You're lucky no one showed up in an original GT-40. But your lowering kit might have turned the trick.
George F. Johnson

Offline EuropaTC

• LotusLand
« Reply #2 on: Sunday,October 16, 2016, 09:48:47 PM »
 :)

That looks like a great event and I'm amazed how crowded it was. Most of those folks will never have seen a Europa, you could have easily been the most photographed car on the day as well !

Brian

Offline 4129R

• Location: Norfolk, United Kingdom, not far from Hethel the home of Lotus.
« Reply #3 on: Sunday,October 16, 2016, 11:59:00 PM »
You're lucky no one showed up in an original GT-40. But your lowering kit might have turned the trick.

Even with the Gurney bubble, they are 39 3/4" high. Put a spirit level across the roof and measure to the level garage floor.