Author Topic: Converting a Left Hand Drive Car to Right Hand Drive  (Read 9335 times)

Offline Roger

Re: Converting a Left Hand Drive Car to Right Hand Drive
« Reply #15 on: Sunday,October 15, 2017, 02:51:54 AM »
One of the door switches is for the interior light, the other is for the nanny alarm that tells you the door is open.

Offline 4129R

• Location: Norfolk, United Kingdom, not far from Hethel the home of Lotus.
« Reply #16 on: Sunday,October 15, 2017, 04:46:42 AM »
So the driver is not going to notice that the driver's door is open so needs an alarm on that door, but does not need an alarm on the passenger door of Fed spec cars.

In the works of a famous Vulcan...... "Illogical".

Offline LotusJoe

• Twink Driver
  • Administrator
  • Forum Administrator
    • LotusEuropa.org
« Reply #17 on: Sunday,October 15, 2017, 11:05:37 AM »
Thanks for that info.

Impact bracket ! 2 mph or less?

The column is designed to be able to collapse with the sliding joint held with the clamp at the bottom, but the steering wheel cannot go very far as it fouls the dashboard.

As this "impact bracket" connects the bottom of the dashboard (which is quite thick and unflexible) to the plenum chamber, I cannot see much movement taking place in case of a mild impact, and what does structure does it add before the impact?

I also wonder why there are two door switches, down by the dashboard end bracket,  on the drivers side and only one on the passenger side of federal cars.

All this extra weight !
The second door switch goes to the "Logic Box" in the late model U.S. cars. I believe it sounds the buzzer if the door is open with the key in the ignition.  :confused:
Joe Irwin
3927R TC Special
(The Classic Barn Find)