Author Topic: Europa relist on ebay  (Read 1372 times)

Offline 4380r

Europa relist on ebay
« on: Friday,November 22, 2013, 05:03:22 AM »
This car isn't all that far from me, maybe 30 minutes or so during weekend traffic.

It's a relist on ebay. I was watching the bidding, it got up to $15K, then I checked and it was back down to $13K, where it ended.

Seller says buyer did not follow through, so it's a relist.

I don't know the seller and I have no affiliation with the car, but I do have an interest for what it ultimately sells for as mine is basically a restored version of it.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lotus-Other-special-1974-lotus-europa-twin-cam-special-5-spd-carnival-red-original-paint-22-993-mile-/261334370360?forcerrptr=true&hash=item3cd8be0838&item=261334370360&pt=US_Cars_Trucks

Offline cal44

Re: Europa relist on ebay
« Reply #1 on: Friday,November 22, 2013, 06:25:12 AM »
I made an inquiry about this car for another person.  The paint is DOA and the interior is in need.  If I was closer and the frame is good.  I'd be on it.
But, to get it to SoCal I'm looking at $2300 +/-  (enclosed carrier) from Maryland.

Oh', it's a '73 not a '74.

mike
« Last Edit: Friday,November 22, 2013, 06:27:59 AM by cal44 »
"Be Polite, Be Professional, But have a plan to kill everyone you meet"
General "mad dog" James Mattis
United States Marines

Offline cal44

« Reply #2 on: Friday,November 22, 2013, 05:32:50 PM »
Taken off Ebay
"Be Polite, Be Professional, But have a plan to kill everyone you meet"
General "mad dog" James Mattis
United States Marines

Offline BrianC

« Reply #3 on: Friday,November 22, 2013, 10:55:12 PM »
Be careful with this seller. I contacted him when car was 1st listed. I made what  I thought was a fair offer. He responded that he had multiple offers over the $15k starting bid and that he was looking for $20k. He felt the car could be restored for about $6k. Listing ended a day early due to "error in listing". Second time it was listed bidding went to $13k. The winning bidder left positive feedback within 2 days of auction's end which seemed suspicious. I reviewed seller's feedback and found that winning bidder had multiple purchases from this seller. Obviously a shill bidder. Third listing ended with 0 bidders. Very unusual for a Europa listing. This was the perfect project I've been looking for and it's close to NJ. But the seller seems shady and thinks the car is worth far more than I thought reasonable. I have a feeling we'll see it listed again.
1974 Europa TCS 4552R

Offline 4380r

« Reply #4 on: Saturday,November 23, 2013, 04:17:58 AM »
If anyone is interested in this car, I am close enough to take a look. While I'm not as mechanically inclined as many on here and my 'look' should never be mistaken as a PPI, I can at least feel out the seller face to face.