Author Topic: S2 at an AutoX  (Read 2856 times)

Offline benbeames

S2 at an AutoX
« on: Tuesday,July 17, 2012, 02:37:17 PM »
 :newhere:

Hey all, here's a picture of my wife driving the Europa at one of the GGLC autocrosses.  That's me in the khaki colored shirt behind her taking video.

Offline cal44

Re: S2 at an AutoX
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday,July 17, 2012, 02:59:45 PM »
They look so nice with Cosmics. 
"Be Polite, Be Professional, But have a plan to kill everyone you meet"
General "mad dog" James Mattis
United States Marines

Offline LotusJoe

• Twink Driver
  • Administrator
  • Forum Administrator
    • LotusEuropa.org
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday,July 17, 2012, 03:27:47 PM »
 :Welcome:
Joe Irwin
3927R TC Special
(The Classic Barn Find)

Offline Jas

« Reply #3 on: Tuesday,July 17, 2012, 11:25:45 PM »
Looks good... and the car too ;D
Jannik
Denmark

You can do it fast
You can do it cheap
You can do it right
… pick any two!

Offline benbeames

« Reply #4 on: Wednesday,July 18, 2012, 11:03:49 AM »
Thanks all!   I have to say that was one of the best days I'd had with the car.  My wife has never been found of it, but by talking a friend of hers into buying a Boxster, and then talking that same friend into racing said boxster at an AutoX, I got my wife to come out and then even coaxed her into trying a few laps.  She took to it right away and after 3 laps (having never raced before and having only driven the Europa once before) she was only 2 seconds a lap slower then me.  If she keeps it up, she'll be faster then me in no time (though really that's not saying much).

Oh AND the car made it back without any mechanical problems.  That right there makes it a good day with the Europa.

Offline EuropaTC

• LotusLand
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday,July 18, 2012, 11:23:37 PM »
Oh AND the car made it back without any mechanical problems.

Oh dear.  A Lotus that doesn't break down ?  Now that can't be right.......   ;)

You're lucky, I've given up trying to get the missus to drive ours. She'll sit in the passenger seat and make all the right noises when I tinker with it or whatever, but as for actually driving it I think it's a lost cause. In fact she's never driven any of our Lotus's, just looks on them as "your cars".  Odd because she loves her Audi TT  which I find a bit bland - very competent but no real character if you know what I mean.
Brian

Offline benbeames

« Reply #6 on: Thursday,July 19, 2012, 11:29:31 AM »
Its not that its a Lotus that doesn't break down, its that that was one of the few days it didn't happen to break down.  At the very next race it decided to start shedding parts left and right.

Yeah my wife thinks of it as that silly thing that I spend time on and often makes me miserable so she's never had much interest in it.  I had been trying to get her to come to a race for a long time but she said only if she could drive.  I wasn't big on that idea because the car is rather fragile (with lots of quirks, you know things like "don't do this normal thing that you would do in any other car because it doesn't like that, and if you do this normal thing it'll explode.")  and I didn't want it to break on her. 

But it was a lot fun when I finally got her to do it.  She had a blast and I even had a little trouble getting her out of the car.  One of the best days I've ever had.