Author Topic: Read it or Else  (Read 960 times)

Offline lotusfanatic

Re: Read it or Else
« Reply #1 on: Thursday,February 22, 2018, 11:21:09 PM »
Fantastic!  :)

Offline Gmg31

« Reply #2 on: Saturday,February 24, 2018, 01:54:48 AM »
Excellent thanks John. They are the first high quality images from that article I’ve seen. Do you have an original? I’d love to try and do a high resolution reproduction.  I’ve got an original set of fitting instructions provided by Else to my prev owner.

Offline jbcollier

« Reply #3 on: Saturday,February 24, 2018, 05:49:50 AM »
I have the actual magazine but the print resolution is not very high.  I don't think you would get any more detail.  I can do the scans and send them to you if you like, just send me a pm with your email.  Don't expect much though.

I would greatly appreciate HQ scans of the install instructions.  Either to me, so I can post them, or, post them yourself.

I don't think many Else Europas were actually produced.  Certainly this article is in stark contrast to others.  Supposedly this engine had the works but it idles and accepts top gear from moderate rpm.  I have read other articles were the engine was a beast, barely idled and didn't really clear its throat until 4K.

Offline SwiftDB4

« Reply #4 on: Saturday,February 24, 2018, 08:31:11 AM »
I drove down to Derby in 1971 to purchase Else's carb, exhaust, and cam options for my S2. Engine was still pretty tractable with those mods, but the power band was somewhat higher.

Offline Gmg31

« Reply #5 on: Sunday,February 25, 2018, 03:59:40 AM »
It might be useful to try and collate a record of surviving cars? I only know of two running, mine and Steve Jarvis’ and Peter over in Ireland is restoring one.  It might be interesting to try and find the official ones done by Else and the owners who did their own from the kit.