Author Topic: i thought I was headed for the Zetec install - but!!!  (Read 498 times)

Offline Runningwild

i thought I was headed for the Zetec install - but!!!
« on: Thursday,June 22, 2017, 09:48:14 AM »
While looking for the ford twin cam bellhousing to mount to my rebuilt NG3 -I came across a Renault 843 cross flow.  Now am I correct in assuming the that the cross flow will bolt to the 336 bellhousing which does bolt to my NG3. I got the bellhousing and a 352 trans with the cross flow.  I also found the twin cam bell housing so I should have all sorts of possibilities. I'm going with the cross flow first and maybe the Zetec on another build.  Tom

Offline jbcollier

Re: i thought I was headed for the Zetec install - but!!!
« Reply #1 on: Thursday,June 22, 2017, 11:00:01 AM »
The original 336 Renault bell housing might not have room for a 215 clutch which the 843 may have.  It's all covered here:

http://www.lotus-europa.com/manuals/s1misc/PFEngineering.pdf

http://www.lotus-europa.com/manuals/s1misc/s1hemi.pdf

Offline Runningwild

« Reply #2 on: Thursday,June 22, 2017, 11:30:07 AM »
Thanks. It says it will fit with "minor" filing.  The unit will go to alpine America in Montreal for a complete rebuild. I'll give him the NG3 and he can give me back a running unit. I'll be selling body parts when I get the bill!!!!!

Offline BDA

« Reply #3 on: Thursday,June 22, 2017, 11:46:27 AM »
How are you going to send them. I boxed up mine and was about to ship via Yellow Freight and adding the customs charges to the shipping charges along with whatever Alpine America was going to charge, was going to boost the cost to where it was really uneconomical. Maybe you have a better way than I thought of.

So far I've been able to do everything on my NG3 by myself (with the help of people on this forum, especially jbcollier). I considered giving it to a local manual transmission shop (with a copy of the manual). I think they could have done as good a job as anybody, but as I say, I didn't need to.

Offline Runningwild

« Reply #4 on: Thursday,June 22, 2017, 01:25:42 PM »
I'm only 3 hours from their shop.  I'll do a lot of the tearing down and cleaning up here and have Michel figure out what needs to be replaced and then assembly everything.  I can drive up and have everything in the truck. 

Offline BDA

« Reply #5 on: Thursday,June 22, 2017, 02:38:11 PM »
That's nice!