Author Topic: Lotus europa s2 (updated)  (Read 2176 times)

Offline Martin0865

Lotus europa s2 (updated)
« on: Sunday,June 12, 2016, 11:25:01 AM »
Hello

I am putting my dads europa s2 up for sale for him.

http://s1255.photobucket.com/user/martingoesracing/library/

I am currently unsure as to age and i will be getting photos and all the info next week.

It was used for about 10 years as a racer in the 750mc roadsports series. So naturally it has been modified both suspension and engine. (I will get the specs next week.)

The body shell is split into 2 with the rear half of the car fully detachable for ease of maintenance.

There is a huge stockpile of spares and extras included with the sale including front spoilers and the fiberglass mould to make them. There is also two complete sets of wheels many engines and gearboxes. There is enough parts to make a complete new car!!

The car was last run about 10 years ago and started fine. However the car and probably the engine would need a full rebuild to be used.

This would be the perfect car to be restored back to standard or to be used for racing however my dad has hip issues and cant complete the work and i dont have the space having two classic minis already.

As i said pictures and specs will follow shortly i am just seeing if we have any interest.
We will be open to offers but wont be accepting anything too silly.
If you want to know anymore please respond in here or contact me on 07460161666
Located worcester england

I have added a few pictures up and I will find an easier way to add all of them. I have nearly 100!!

Engine in the car was a trial/concept engine.
Renault 1600cc block
Renault head modify to adapt ford pinto valves.
Twin weber 40DCOE Carbs
Lightened pistons.
Standard Crank.
Uprated Cam however unsure as to what cam.
5 Speed Renault gearbox.
Banks equal length flow rated exhaust manifold.
Facet fuel pump.
Electronic ignition.
Short and long Range alloy fuel tanks.

Water pump has seized on the engine however there is a spare water pump included in the sale.

Suspension and Brakes.

Original Chassis.
Fully rose jointed solid mount rear suspension
Variable rear roll bar.
Discs all around. Left hand rear calliper stripped as it was seized.
full spax adjustable coil overs all around with spare dampers and springs.
Variable Front/Rear brake bias.

Interior.

Full roll cage.
cockpit has been designed for use on a track.

Exterior.

Purple and yellow!
2 Part split body work for ease of access to the engine.
3 Front spoilers plus mould from lotus motorsport.
Fully polycarbonate front rear and side screens.
The car will be supplied on the minilite wheels shown in the picture. The compomotive wheels will be available separately and will be sold as a set of 6.

Spares.

Complete body shell modified for a sunroof. Will need work to restore it back to roadworthy use.
Majority of the parts stripped off of the car when prepared for racing have been stored. however the front windscreen is missing.
Renault original 4 speed box.
Numerous engine spares including 3 blocks.
Lotus workshop manual.

« Last Edit: Monday,June 20, 2016, 03:50:36 AM by Martin0865 »

Offline BDA

Re: Lotus europa s2
« Reply #1 on: Sunday,June 12, 2016, 11:58:45 AM »
 :Welcome: Martin! Though I hope you have good luck selling your dad's car and thus your time here would be brief. I'm not interested in the car but I'm sure I'm not the only one who is anxious to see your pictures.

Offline Martin0865

Re: Lotus europa s2
« Reply #2 on: Sunday,June 12, 2016, 12:09:29 PM »
:Welcome: Martin! Though I hope you have good luck selling your dad's car and thus your time here would be brief. I'm not interested in the car but I'm sure I'm not the only one who is anxious to see your pictures.

I would love to build the car back together myself i absolutely love the europa and his has been a massive part of my life. However the lack of room is my issue. I will most probably stay around in the forums to see the cars being kept alive!

Offline pantera

Re: Lotus europa s2 (updated)
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday,August 17, 2016, 12:43:28 PM »
Hi Martin,
Im in Cardiff, so not a million miles away. Did you have luck in selling the car? if not you can PM me to discuss.  I have just imported a S2 from South Carolina - absolutely love these cars.....
Mark

Offline grnicholson

Re: Lotus europa s2 (updated)
« Reply #4 on: Saturday,October 01, 2016, 08:06:31 AM »
Hello

If the car isn't sold then please advise me.

Thanks

Richard