Author Topic: ebay Europa  (Read 1670 times)

Offline Arizona

George F. Johnson

Offline BDA

Re: ebay Europa
« Reply #1 on: Thursday,January 11, 2018, 05:21:42 PM »
It's a nice clean car with some nice mods. The description text is a little off and it would be nice to have a better list of modifications. I also wished his "Check out the Website" link worked.

That being said, I think he's asking the world for it. There are lots of comparisons to other Europas but Elans generally bring more money and he's asking more than a guy who's selling a beautiful Elan with a BDA motor and 5 speed (https://www.hemmings.com/classifieds/dealer/lotus/elan/2030162.html - I saw that and has lusted after it since). I hope he gets it, of course, but I don't think he has a chance.

Offline jbcollier

« Reply #2 on: Thursday,January 11, 2018, 08:04:29 PM »
The fire system is nice.  Might want to add an air box and filter.

Offline 4129R

• Location: Norfolk, United Kingdom, not far from Hethel the home of Lotus.

Offline s2europa

« Reply #4 on: Friday,January 12, 2018, 12:56:31 PM »
Really optimistic.

It might be my eyes playing tricks, but it looks like the wheel diameters are different front to rear (and no, it's not just the tires).

Offline BDA

« Reply #5 on: Friday,January 12, 2018, 01:37:09 PM »
Hmmm... It looks that way from the side view but the two rear 3/4 views towards the front makes them look more the same diameter. I wouldn't say you're wrong and wheel and tire sizes would have been something I would find interesting in the description.

Offline surfguitar58

« Reply #6 on: Friday,January 12, 2018, 07:30:06 PM »
Same car was asking $39k in October. Appears to be a 4-speed trans.
"A designer knows he has achieved perfection not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away."
Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Offline BDA

« Reply #7 on: Friday,January 12, 2018, 08:07:34 PM »
It wouldn't sell for $39k so they raise the price to $49k and try again? Umm... I'm not sure that's going to work. I hope it does, but we'll see.

Offline EuropaTC

• LotusLand
« Reply #8 on: Friday,January 12, 2018, 11:51:39 PM »
Really optimistic.
It might be my eyes playing tricks, but it looks like the wheel diameters are different front to rear (and no, it's not just the tires).

I think they are the same size and the optical illusion is down to tyre wall sizes.  But I'll agree, when I looked my reaction was the same as yourself and the rears did look bigger. So being a geek I dropped an image into photoshop and drew some horizontal lines....

As for costs, well, who knows ?  It's a nice car and has obviously been cared for over the years which will be important to some buyers. Too expensive for me to consider (were I in the market) but no doubt it's a starter for haggling.