Lotus Europa Forums > Random Europa Sightings

Aladdin's Cave Seen near Lotus Factory in Norfolk UK

<< < (2/3) > >>

Bainford:
Wow! Now there's a yard in which I could spend a lot of time scrounging. Very cool to see those old body molds.

4129R:

--- Quote from: Bodzer on Monday,June 05, 2017, 12:15:30 AM ---Boss motors? I'll be calling them in the future for a replacement nose section for my +2. Hopefully they'll be around for awhile.

--- End quote ---

Correct.

The father blows out a few candles each year, but his son should be around for a while.

4129R:

--- Quote from: buzzer on Monday,June 05, 2017, 01:20:03 AM ---Interesting.  but on the luggage tray the one I saw was for £125, I though that was a bit expensive. I'm after one but I need to chop it about a lot to clear the exhaust system.

--- End quote ---

Better made than the flimsy originals.

"Chapman skimped on the fibreglass to save money" they told me when I collected an original one I gave them to repair for £20.

4129R:

--- Quote from: Certified Lotus on Monday,June 05, 2017, 04:02:58 AM ---They have the original body molds for elan coupes? What did they do, buy all the factory stuff after the model was no longer in production? (For scrap I'm sure).

--- End quote ---

I think they must have bought 1 of each type after production stopped in 1974/5.

I didn't see a drophead mould, but I expect it is there somewhere.

Bodzer:
Here's their eBay shop.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/322511742167

Lots of interesting stuff. I seem to recall that the father worked at Lotus as a body moulder. Is that correct? Good to hear that the sons will continue on.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version