Author Topic: Speedhut GPS Speedometer for sale  (Read 1477 times)

Offline 4380r

Speedhut GPS Speedometer for sale
« on: Tuesday,July 22, 2014, 11:06:46 AM »
I am selling a Speedhut GPS speedometer that I removed from my Europa. I installed it new, put 500 miles on it, then replaced it with another Speedhut speedometer that looked just a little more OEM.

Comes with all pieces required for installation (except an inline 5 amp fuse you will need to supply), and instructions.

It worked great when I took it out. They sell new for $270, I am asking $180 shipped in the U.S. only. PayPal only.

Pics I have are too large, so if you're interested drop me a line at tlbrace2008@yahoo.com and I'll send them along.

Offering to this group first, before going ebay.

Includes an extra bezel. I was going to put 'Smiths' on the face using dry transfer letters, but realized I could get SMITHS put on the next one I ordered by Speedhut.

As I said, it worked great when removed from the car, but I cannot guarantee because I have no control over how it's installed.

Offline BDA

Re: Speedhut GPS Speedometer for sale
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday,July 22, 2014, 12:42:35 PM »
I'm not interested in the speedo (I'm in the process of changing out my stock Smiths speedo with a Smiths electronic speedo because it looked the closest to stock) but these look pretty close to stock - maybe about as stock looking as mine. They look like a VERY good alternative to the stock speedo!

Offline 4380r

Re: Speedhut GPS Speedometer for sale
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday,July 22, 2014, 03:51:06 PM »
Thanks for the comments. They really are clever. One guy told me once: Well...they won't work when you're in a tunnel.

True. That's true.

But I spent 99.9999999999% of my time and miles outside of tunnels...so....

Along with going with something like a Pertronix ignition, this type of mod is one of the modern enhancements that might be worth not going OEM (unless you're putting your car in a show like Pebble Beach).