Lotus Europa Forums > Vendors Storefront

It's a crapshoot...Vendor issues

<< < (5/5)

FranV8:
Vote for Richard from me, I've found him helpful and an interesting chap.  We have to accept he is a small business (and not just parts, but manufacture of and also car work) - I find it best to work around when he has time.  Not easy for us to adjust to this in today's online 24/7 world, but if it helps we're not even dealing with vehicles from the online era.

buzzer:
Another vote for Richard and Banks here. Would be really stuffed without his business. I certainly can understand the frustrations in dealing with his business . Being basically a one man band nearing retirement and I guess he would retire if he could afford to! So no new developments or upgrades etc. and fitment of some things is not the best. He certainly is a fountain of knowledge on the Europa. And only supporting the Europa has it's own limitations as only 9,000 were made over 40 years ago!

dakazman:
 I'm for banks and r&d also . I pay a lot to ecklers for corvette  an El Camino parts.
I have a 2000 Hyundai Tiberon and parts for that are discontinued and gouged if available.
Example 4 inch air cleaner tube 75.00 USD. Ecklers corvette parts also expensive but still made for a
37 year old car. I owned a Lexus and a headlight adjuster was 350.00 Usd . Don't get me started on dealer prices for a fuel level sensor for the Vette 4,000.00 ... really . What I'm trying to say is We have
a choice to say yes or no. I thank all vendors for making are choices available to us. I also remember when we didn't have the internet to search the World... see picture of life before most of us had a computer, waiting for the mail for this months sales...! So just be glad you can call someone an at least ask a vendor if they have it.
Dakazman

BDA:
That Sports Car World stuff is really a blast from the past!

dakazman:
Yep , remember those days !!!
Old timer
Dakazman

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version