Author Topic: Registering an Imported Car in the UK  (Read 3701 times)

Offline 4129R

• Location: Norfolk, United Kingdom, not far from Hethel the home of Lotus.
Re: Registering an Imported Car in the UK
« Reply #30 on: Friday,April 05, 2024, 04:11:49 AM »
I received a reply to my email to DVLA, proving that one department does not communicate at all with another department.

1) I sent the letter and Certificate of Provenance from Lotus to a 2nd department, they accepted the car identity from those documents, and sent it back to the 1st department. When the 1st department rejected it again, they asked for proof from the manufacturer.

2) In the email below, he (2nd department) says he cannot find my vehicle in the 1st department on his system.

Here is the latest email:-

Apologies for the continued issues with registering your lotus, when I sent it back it shouldn’t have been rejected as far as we are concerned for anything related to the VIN number. In order to understand a bit better can you please send me a copy/photo of the rejection letter I for some reason am unable to find your vehicle in their system not sure if they have stored it under something else.

Then after I get the email reply, I get this email:-

We have received your email. If we need more information we’ll contact you.
Processing times
You should allow up to 10 weeks from this acknowledgment of receipt.
If you’ve already provided the requested images of your vehicle or any other supporting documentation, do not resend, or use this email address for an update on your application, you will not get your vehicle log book (V5C) sooner.
If you need advice
For general advice not relating to your current application for a vehicle log book (V5C), you can find the relevant contact details by following the link below:
https://www.gov.uk/contact-the-dvla
« Last Edit: Friday,April 05, 2024, 04:35:38 AM by 4129R »

Offline 4129R

• Location: Norfolk, United Kingdom, not far from Hethel the home of Lotus.
« Reply #31 on: Wednesday,April 24, 2024, 08:21:40 AM »
Letter dated 19th April from DVLA rejecting my application for the 5th time, for the same reason, despite my letter from Lotus explaining everything.

73023089R does not equal 74/3089R.

My original application was dated 15th September, so here we are 7 months and 9 days later.

Offline EuropaTC

• LotusLand
« Reply #32 on: Wednesday,April 24, 2024, 08:47:29 AM »
19th April eh ? Obviously first class postage or you'd still be waiting in May.

Ah well,  Photoshop time......